Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got a new Ninja with zero miles on it! I've only driven it home and parked it on the street.

This morning I found a $65 ticket for not having the registration sticker on my license plate. Was the dealer supposed to put that on?

Anyway, can't wait to get through the break-in period and do some mods. Look forward to being ninjas together :)

/corners

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum corners. It's an awesome feeling having a new bike with no mileage on the clock.

Sorry to see you got a ticket that wasn't for speeding :surprise:
Hope you can get out of it. My dealer (this is in NZ) put the registration label under the pillion seat. Hopefully you can locate your one!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome Corners, glad to have you on the forum. Sorry to hear about the ticket.
Hope your experience with your Ninja is a good one. Which one did you purchase (non-abs, ABS, KRT)?
There is another New Yorker on here, maybe he will introduce himself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, rde09! I love the Kawasexi green, so I had to go with the KRT. I think they all look good though.

Sounds like I'm half-way there to a two-man crew. Would love to go on a group ride with people from the area if that's ever on the table.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike! Nice to know there are others in New York City. What neighborhood do you live?

If the dealer registered your bike, you should have temporary registration and be able to get out of the ticket. It took over 5 weeks before I received the registration and sticker.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, WanderlustSeoul, I'm in Morningside Heights around CU. How about you?

Wow, five weeks? I did get a temporary registration so I think I'll be able to get out of the ticket, but how do I avoid getting more tickets during the next five weeks? Did you get tickets as well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The folks who sold me the bike basically confirmed what you said, "up to 45 days" and that I'm just going to have to just fight the tickets.

Sounds like a broken system to me because I could wind up with 45 tickets :storm:

I think I'll photocopy my temporary registration and tape it on there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thank you, WanderlustSeoul, I'm in Morningside Heights around CU. How about you?

Wow, five weeks? I did get a temporary registration so I think I'll be able to get out of the ticket, but how do I avoid getting more tickets during the next five weeks? Did you get tickets as well?

Thanks!
I live in Midtown West. Since I got the bike in late March, I've been renting a parking spot in a garage so I haven't had to deal with any tickets yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts