Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Brand new to this forum page, brand new rider as well. Honestly, the only time I have ever been on a motorcycle was when I was taking the MSF class to get my license. I've been interested in motorcycles as long as I can remember, leading to my decision to purchase the Ninja 400 (getting delivered tomorrow :grin:). I'm joining this forum to learn more about not only the Ninja 400, but bikes in general. I just moved across the county from New York to Montana, so I haven't been able to meet too many people who like/own bikes yet (none of my friends from home had one either). That being said, I have little to no knowledge in this field but I hope that changes soon!
P.S - Yeah, it might seem ridiculous to buy a brand new bike when I have no riding experience, but being in Montana I don't have too many options. The only bikes I could find that were used were close to the price of this bike, which to me seemed like a waste of money. Smart move or not, I made the decision anyway. I'm incredibly excited! Hopefully they'll clean the sand/gravel off the roads soon so I can get out and start practicing. Nice to meet everyone here.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Welcome Sarah! No it doesn't seem ridiculous to me at all buying a new bike, should be encouraged :grin:
You won't have any trouble with a new bike and if you do you have a warranty to fall back on.
Enjoy your new machine and the world of motorcycling :smile:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome! Unlike what many people think about Montana (that it's flat and boring), there is a plethora of beautiful twisty roads, especially in the western part of the state.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Haha don't worry I'm new to riding as well (fresh off the MSF course late Jan 2018) and bought the 400. Loving every moment I jump on the bike. Stay safe, Welcome to the community!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sarah and congrats on your first bike. Hopefully the weather co operates and you can start getting in some early practise this week. I think you'll quickly come to learn that the 400 was an excellent choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard that they have taken that away. From the parts that I've been to, I've always seen speed limits of around 65-80 on the highways depending on the location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, thanks for the welcome messages everyone! I'm a little late since I seemed to have lost my own post, lol. Went out riding a few times so far but the weather hasn't gotten past 43 degrees and there's still gravel covering the roads so I'm still limited to the neighborhood. So far so good in terms of riding, I fit well on the bike, no stalling, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where in NY are you from? I grew up in western NY, about halfway between Buffalo and Rochester.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I lived about 15 minutes from Poughkeepsie. It's about an hour and a half north of New York City! A bit a ways from where you were I believe :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forums Sarah. My husband and I took a weekend trip to New York and had a blast. It was the first time for me to travel there and we had a fabulous time. :)

Becky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts