Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas,

I've been lurking in the forums for about a month now just reading up on everything N400. Seems like a great knowledge base and a variety of experiences.

But a little about me 1st...

I'm 36 and live in the SE part of Iowa. I'm an elementary principal and have been riding motorcycles for the past 11 years. In order, here they are:

2002 Buell Blast 500
1990 Honda Goldwing
2003 Honda CBR 600 F4i
2006 Harley Sportster 1200
2004 Kawasaki Zx6R
2014 Ninja 1000
2014 Harley Road King
2016 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES

After the FJR we had our 2nd child and I sold the FRJ last summer to buy a Chevy Silverado for more space for the family. The itch has come back so I was on the lookout for something smaller that will fit in our garage.

Ending up pulling the trigger on an Ninja 400 today in all black. Paid MSRP but got some goodies thrown in. Looking forward to getting past the break-in period and reading more about the bike.

Just wanted to hop in and say "hi".

·
Registered
178 Posts
Awesome, man! I have had a lot of big bikes (and still do...32 years on the street). But, I really love riding the 400 (and also the 300)...I think you will like it. My bike is black, too!

Welcome, and have fun! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Warp! I'm excited but a little leery as well. This will be the lowest CC bike I've had, but I realize it would run circles around something like the Buell Blast I started on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also should mention I'm pretty excited about the new helmet I ordered too! I've been anxiously awaiting the new Sena smart helmets. This one has ambient noise control, built-in Sena 20S Communication, bluetooth, video recording, ability to take and make calls and an FM radio.

It's on back order but should have it in mid May. It's the most I've spent on a helmet but has everything I'd want at my finger tips.

https://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Will be nice to see how you like the N400 compared to the other bikes you have ad. BTW, what goodies did the dealer throw in? :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the following thrown in:

Power Socket with relay installed
600 mile service
2 additional years Kawasaki Protection Plan

Kawasaki riding jacket, but that was through Kawasaki and not the dealer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had the following thrown in:

Power Socket with relay installed
600 mile service
2 additional years Kawasaki Protection Plan

Kawasaki riding jacket, but that was through Kawasaki and not the dealer.
You got a good deal especially with the freebies. I bought mine in mid March and also paid MSRP and the dealer threw in the 2 year KPP. I also submitted the form for the free riding jacket but it states allow up to 12 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to add that I also got a trickle charger installed. I'm not looking forward to the wait on the jacket, hopefully they just throw out 12 weeks with the hope that it arrives well before.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I forgot to add that I also got a trickle charger installed. I'm not looking forward to the wait on the jacket, hopefully they just throw out 12 weeks with the hope that it arrives well before.
Wow now you are just rubbing it in! :) You definitely got a good deal with all the freebies.

I'm not familiar with Kawasaki's jacket sizing and ended up ordering a medium. Hope it fits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow now you are just rubbing it in! :) You definitely got a good deal with all the freebies.

I'm not familiar with Kawasaki's jacket sizing and ended up ordering a medium. Hope it fits.
I'm not familiar with their sizing either. My dealer didn't have any jackets to try on. I wish I was a medium but will likely be ordering a XXL.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome bud, quite a diverse range of bikes you've had there. Variety is the spice of life tho eh! :)
You're correct! After taking the motorcycle safety course I bought the Buell Blast to practice on and it was cheap. I then got the Goldwing because my wife wanted to ride and I found a good deal. Then our 1st son was born and I was just going through bikes like a mad man to find what I liked.

The FJR and the Road King have been my favorites, but garage space is limited now. I'm going to miss having cruise...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome hoopster. I spent a summer out in Des Moines for work a few years back. Beautiful “city” and I miss the breweries. Hope y’all are finally moving into spring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was the work you were doing?

I lived in Central Iowa for 7 years and was very close to Des Moines. There are a ton of breweries opening up all over Iowa. I'm in SE Iowa now and it's the same.

I also brew my own. Do you do any brewing?

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks amazing! Never had a coconut porter, but it sounds delicious. I've never ordered from that site. It looks like there are quite a few extra options I'll have to learn more about.

I've only ordered from Midwest Supplies out of Minnesota. Thanks for the link!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts