Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks! I've been an avid rider for the past 20 years. I started out on a Ninja 250 zipping around and loved it. I've had various bikes over the years , but love that a Ninja 400 is soon arriving. In 2009, an oncoming driver changed my stars with riding, but I still yearn to throw my leg over and go for a spin. My last bike was a Can-Am Spyder, but it was not the same at all. I prefer the zippy, smaller cc bikes.

Hope everyone gets their wishes,
Becky

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Hey Becky, welcome to our small group of enthusiasts! :smile:
There's something special about zipping around on a small bike eh, I just love that seat-of-the-pants connection you have with the road.
Can you still ride a 2 wheeler or do require a 3 wheeler like the Spyder? I see the odd one of those on the roads here, I've always been curious about them.
Anyhoo, great to have someone new to chat with here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Talon,

Welcome to the Ninja400 group. Hopefully one of us will be able to sling our leg over a 400 and give a first hand ride and review of the new model. Wishing you the best in the new year Becky.

Rde09

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Becky, welcome to our small group of enthusiasts! :smile:
There's something special about zipping around on a small bike eh, I just love that seat-of-the-pants connection you have with the road.
Can you still ride a 2 wheeler or do require a 3 wheeler like the Spyder? I see the odd one of those on the roads here, I've always been curious about them.
Anyhoo, great to have someone new to chat with here.

Hi Al! Thanks for the great question. Yes, I can ride a 2 wheeler. It has taken me quite a few years to figure it out again, but it is doable with some slight modifications in riding style. Before, I could not handle the weight of my CBR 600 F4i as my leg would give out at the most inopportune time like needing to stop or shifting. The Spyder was more like riding an ATV and it felt like you were going to high-side all the time rounding a curve. It was weird, but I got used to it after awhile.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talon,

Welcome to the Ninja400 group. Hopefully one of us will be able to sling our leg over a 400 and give a first hand ride and review of the new model. Wishing you the best in the new year Becky.

Rde09
Thanks Rde09! Looking forward to reviews and thoughts of other riders for the 400.

·
Registered
124 Posts
First task for everyone here looking to throw a leg over the 400 should be to check for local shows that are happening. Although the major shows are a given, sometimes I think dealers have private launch events that you can get invited to, best to ask around, maybe something will come up!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a Hello, from Broken Arrow, Okla. Wanted to share that I make at least 2 trips to the Royal Gorge each year at the Starlight Campgrounds (One of the Best Campgrounds in Colorado). I usually unload my Bike here and travel all around the Mountains (eastern ridge) and explore a lot here. I just sold my Ninja 300 and can't wait to trailer my New Ninja 400 up there. I have a BLAST ever time I ride in Colorado on my Bikes. Really love the drive to Canon City to Salida on Hwy 50. Very VERY Scenic rides with really far out scenes and great curves to lean into. Anyway welcome to the New Ninja 400 Forum! And a HAPPY NEW YEAR for the people in Colorado!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts