Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone- long time lurker here. Finally joined the forum and wanted to say hello. Live in Chicago and purchased a black ninja 400 w/abs as my first bike about a month ago.

It’s been fun zipping down the lake front and the bike has made commuting in the city so much more enjoyable. Having fun tinkering with the ninja as well- installed a fender eliminator and new turn signals, mirror block off and bar end mirrors (did not care for the look of the stock “antenna” like mirrors, and couldn’t seem to adjust them to have a good view over my shoulders). I put a two brothers sr1 exhaust on a few days ago and it man does it rumble! Needed a louder exhaust note to wake up some of these awful city drivers...

Anyway, excited to be a part of the community!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Welcome! Great that you came out of the shadows and showed us your bike. :)
Like your mods. Very tasteful IMO.
I'm not a fan of chunky indicators and have changed a few on previous bikes but was on the fence with the N400 ones. At the moment they remain as they fit my tail tidy but I like what you've done there.
I've got a black one too, next I'm going to darken up my screen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome aboard from your Wisconsin neighbor! I'll be down in Schaumberg next week at Motorola HQ for training. Looking forward to some sight-seeing in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Kiwi, thanks! Good choice on the black, felt like the best color to make unique and accent with mods imo.
- how are you going to darken the windscreen? I’ve seen a few plasti dip videos and that seems to be popular. On the fence about getting a puig windscreen, might get shorty levers and rim tape before I pull the trigger on the windscreen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard from your Wisconsin neighbor! I'll be down in Schaumberg next week at Motorola HQ for training. Looking forward to some sight-seeing in the Chicago area.
Thanks! If you need any suggestions on some restaurants or places to sight see, I’d be happy to help. Cheers

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Hey Kiwi, thanks! Good choice on the black, felt like the best color to make unique and accent with mods imo.
- how are you going to darken the windscreen? I’ve seen a few plasti dip videos and that seems to be popular. On the fence about getting a puig windscreen, might get shorty levers and rim tape before I pull the trigger on the windscreen.
Gonna try the plasti dip, not much to lose other than the price of the can :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts