Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Been riding dirt bikes since I was about 8 yrs old. My KDX175 only weights around 220 LBS. Would be awesome with a modern engine. Still, 10-15 HP isn't bad when it's geared 13/52 for woods.
The KTM 300 does 3rd or 4th gear wheelies on gravel. :devil::devil:

I had the MC permit a few times & borrowed some motos.

Now my eye is on the Ninja 400 for my 1st street bike. No Rush.
I might buy it outright. First "big" purchase in not quite 30 years of living.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Hello from postal code 9600 in New Zealand.

I used to race against guys back in the late eighties on KDX and Yamaha IT two strokes. At that time I was punting a Honda XR200 so it was two strokes vs four strokes. Loadsa fun!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Now my eye is on the Ninja 400 for my 1st street bike

Good Luck with the decision... not only does it make a nice 1st street bike.. some of us have returned to riding and The Kawasaki 400 for our "last" Motorcycle :wink:... it just has the looks, size and feel of a great all around bike to "me"... "Let the good times roll".. :grin::nerd::grin:

Reactions: Distro

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome from Texas! You will enjoy it. Great bike and I've been riding around 14 years with a little break in between.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where'd August go? :plain:
Thanks for the input everyone. I was eyeing a certain $10k OTD supersport but this 400 is much smarter for a new 1st bike purchase.
Hello from postal code 9600 in New Zealand.
I used to race against guys back in the late eighties on KDX and Yamaha IT two strokes. At that time I was punting a Honda XR200 so it was two strokes vs four strokes. Loadsa fun!
That's great. I wouldn't mind a KDX200 or 220 also but my 175 is fantastic on single track, even most Black Diamond rated trails.
What part of 530? Im in Redding, just curious cause I have a Ninja 400 and love it, maybe we could go riding.
Sorry for the delayed response, I guess notifications got fudged or something.
I'm 30 min North of Auburn. I'm about 2.5 hrs from Redding.
More than 5 years ago I passed Redding a few times on route to Mt. Shasta. I climbed it 3 times with my dad.
Guess I should just find a good price & get the 400 already. I'd definitely like some folks to ride with. :eek:ccasion14:
- JP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts