Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Something I'm considering as a birthday present in a few months...
I like the look of what it might do for neck support (there is a crash vid of a guy wearing one you can find, he slams his head along an embankment somewhere around 80kph and walks it off), and the fact it's re-loadable is a bonus.

Has anyone/does anyone use them? Any thoughts? Crash reports? Experience at all?

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's a pretty cool product actually and I hadn't hear of it before. Imo any safety related gear is a worthwhile investment. I like that its relatively small and compact as well. Just watched some test videos of it, and it looks to provide some excellent protection. Looks like its offered in a non reflective finish as well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
This new airbag vest technology is promising for street riders and and hopefully as demand rises, manufacturers will eventually be able to get the costs down enough to make this affordable for anyone that wants that extra level of protection.

A little off topic but the Alpinestars new Tech-Air system for race and street would be an airbag system I would eventually be interested in especially since Alpinestars make specific jackets that can accommodate these new air vests. Unfortunately at around $1150 USD just for the vest, it's very pricey, but if it can save your life and prevent severe injuries, then it's priceless.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-tech-air-race-vest
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-tech-air-street-vest

Ari from MC Garage tested one of the Aplinestars airvest over a year ago and I posted the video below.

Reactions: Topaz

·
Registered
145 Posts
Awesome stuff! Can't wait for it to become more affordable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I compared this with Hit-Air - finally decided and bought Hit-AIR. Pros: Used worldwide by Cops I believe. Cons: Helite: is supposed to be somewhat faster in deploying but .25 vs .09 seconds - not sure it matters. Cons of both : they are tethered. The alternative is AlpineStar - the cons of that is expensive and has to be sent back to the manufacturer everytime it deploys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts