Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First night ride and headlights are far too low. To adjust the headlights vertically upward, is it clockwise or counter-clockwise those 7mm bolts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found them. They're more outward and up from the horizontal adjusts. Nice and near-impossible to access. Thanks, Kawi!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have attached a pic of the owners manual which shows the back side of the headlight. The upper bolts marked “A” are the vertical adjustments.

I sat on my bike with a ratchet and a 9 or so inch extension to get to the bolt. I turned the handle bars away from the bolt and looked down through the little hole in the fairing on either side of the gauge cluster to help place the socket on the bolt.

Then I cranked it clockwise to raise the light. I started doing 1/4 turns and saw that nothing was happening. So I then cranked it clockwise while watching the beam until I saw movement. I kept doing that until it moved to where I wanted it.

Now it’s much better, I don’t blind on-coming cars, but I can see much further down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Literally joined this forum to say thanks for this! Been high beaming everyone since i got my bike, and its driving me nuts. Simple fix, didnt need to pay anyone else, and now i can ride happy!
Also - bugger to reach those bolts at the top :D

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Literally joined this forum to say thanks for this! Been high beaming everyone since i got my bike, and its driving me nuts. Simple fix, didnt need to pay anyone else, and now i can ride happy!
Also - bugger to reach those bolts at the top :D
Welcome! What part of NZ are you in? Had the bike long?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I need to do this on the ninja... I feel its to high and shoots too far out .... need to bring them down a bit...

On the Z they are aimed alot lower .. probably just leave the Z lights alone for now..

So would it be bolt B vertical and counter clockwise to lower them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
First night ride and headlights are far too low. To adjust the headlights vertically upward, is it clockwise or counter-clockwise those 7mm bolts?
if you know how to adjust them. Just use the math from owners manual. If you don’t w/ a front stand your find both left & Right light adjusters right by the plastic cowl. L. &. R.
turn them to preference or go by users manual. I raised mine just a bit from stock until it felt somewhat like high beams ( Ex-Only) half a turn for me I got a longer feeling for the lights. But I’m also on 3 on the rear pre-Load, so it only made sense.
Thinking of 650 or Zx-6R vs new 660 Aprilia ? Any thoughts?
Everyone ride safe.
no trade ins 4 me. I keep my Ninjas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts