Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this posted on the one Facebook group thought I'd share it here. (This is not my video)

Looks pretty simple and I'm tempted to do this on mine.

Basically just get a ER6N light control assembly and wire the stock lights to the emergency button.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did it using a spare ninja 400 switch assembly and retrofitted the harness into a N650 assembly then soldered the hazard button terminals accordingly. Works perfect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did it using a spare ninja 400 switch assembly and retrofitted the harness into a N650 assembly then soldered the hazard button terminals accordingly. Works perfect.
I did the same with the Z650 left side controls, no additional wiring necessary (other than to swap harness connectors). Just had to drop one wire off the Z650 controls for the low beam, as the Z400 has DRL module instead of the switch controlling low beams on the Z650.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this post was very old already, but it came to my search on Google. I would like to get this one done on my Ninja 400. I did a bit of search and found the wiring diagram for the lights control housing harness. It seems that the Hazard Button just connects both left and right indicators as shown below. The turn signal relay will do the flash for you. Hopefully this will help. I will try to find the wiring diagram for Ninja 400 can see if there is a better way to mate the wires. Cheers.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
111 Posts
Correct. The stock turn signal switch connects power to either the left or right side. The hazard button just connects power to both at the same time.

On my 500, I was able to find a different model (750 I think?) that had the exact same control style and connector, but included a hazard button. The hardest part was reaching the electrical connector under the tank (because I was too lazy to remove the tank).

I wasn't able to find a matching part for the 400 though. I ended up getting a '17 Z650/ER650 left control. Since the connector is different, I ended up swapping the buttons/wiring from the 400 into the 650 front housing, then soldered the hazard button's wires to the contacts on the original turn signal switch.

Since my bikes are nice weather toys, I don't think I've ever actually needed to use my 4-ways. However, I really like having it available in case I ever run into a situation where it's called for. It makes your T-CLOCS check a hair faster too, since you can check all 4 signals at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts