Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Tracy, gotta say, everyone that knows me thinks I’m a lunatic for putting my body through all the crap I have. And keep doing it. Both my son’s are the same. ****, so is my daughter. Are you sure we aren’t distant relatives. :)

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Tracy, gotta say, everyone that knows me thinks I’m a lunatic for putting my body through all the crap I have. And keep doing it. Both my son’s are the same. ****, so is my daughter. Are you sure we aren’t distant relatives. :)
It's possible. From what I understand my Dad was a player like me.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
It's been six loooong weeks now dammit. I miss my Z 400. Doctor says I can do whatever I want but my busted/healing leg muscles have some catching up to do first. 2-3 days a week at therapy and a workout regimen at home with stationary bike and weights. Leg has to be strong enough to support full weight of the bike before I'll get on it and the big Z weighs 470 lbs. Being on the sideline sucks. Guess this is kinda what retirement is like, or being a teenager again. no place I gotta be, sleep til 9:00 every morning, stay up watching stupid stuff on TV,
🐉

Discussion starter · #68 ·
It doesn't get cold enough here to hibernate a bike. I can usually pick up 3 or so hours on a sunny afternoon and hit a few curves. Yes Scarlett has been shined, polished, and caressed in my shop safe and warm waiting on my command. Dam! I miss my Z. The 400 I mean. 🐉

Hey! I got some of those!..cool huh?
Dang, Nice! Looks much better now.
I had a row of those staples down my stomach starting just below my chest all the way down past my belly button........they were not fun to have removed un-drugged :p

My right arm they put a plate in it and when they lined the plate up with the screws it all went back nicely, so no pins or nothing. Just standard dissolving stitches since they said everything wanted to go back together so nice.
They did say I could have the plate removed later after it healed up, I said nope since the only time it really bothers me is if you lay it on a hard surface at just the right angle and lean against it with your weight.

Plus my son use to tell people I had a robot arm when he was little

Discussion starter · #70 ·
I had a row of those staples down my stomach starting just below my chest all the way down past my belly button........they were not fun to have removed un-drugged :p

My right arm they put a plate in it and when they lined the plate up with the screws it all went back nicely, so no pins or nothing. Just standard dissolving stitches since they said everything wanted to go back together so nice.
They did say I could have the plate removed later after it healed up, I said nope since the only time it really bothers me is if you lay it on a hard surface at just the right angle and lean against it with your weight.

Plus my son use to tell people I had a robot arm when he was little
Yup. Same here. Right arm, hard surface, still pretty tender. Take it out? He!! no!
🐉

Oh that sounds like so much fun! The pins in my hand were the same. By the time the intern doctor got around to see me the painkillers I had been told to take had well and truly worn off. The worst thing was when he turned up with a pair of needle nosed pliers, took one look at the pins, went out, and came pack in in a surgical gown with a decent set of pliers.

The ironic thing was I had to hold my wrist with the hand that had just had the plaster removed. Those things did not want to come out.

Discussion starter · #74 ·

Oh that sounds like so much fun! The pins in my hand were the same. By the time the intern doctor got around to see me the painkillers I had been told to take had well and truly worn off. The worst thing was when he turned up with a pair of needle nosed pliers, took one look at the pins, went out, and came pack in in a surgical gown with a decent set of pliers.

The ironic thing was I had to hold my wrist with the hand that had just had the plaster removed. Those things did not want to come out.
Man! That sounds like good times!
I had something like 50+ staples. All came out at once. The only ones that made me cringe was when the young pretty nurse included my leg hair in the grasp of her hemostats. All titanium ( I guess that's what they used, stainless? ) 1 rod, 1 plate, and a handful of screws are mine forever
🐉

I think most of us faced people who tell us how dangerous this is. While I appreciate the concern, it gets annoying when you start hearing stories about people they know who died or became handicapped because of an accident. While you try explaining how you minimize the risks and actually drive better, you always get the zinger "It is more dangerous than a car". Lately, I tried explaining how a near head-on collision that I avoided with the motorcycle could have been a real accident if I had my car. I still got "you still are more vulnerable"é

With some people I go to lengths to explain the benefits and that in fact nothing is really safe. It is better to live, learn and enjoy life than try to be 100% secure, which is an illusion.
100% on this...the same ole story i keep hearing too. It's like...do yall think we don't know the risks??? We out here taking them lol. But life is risk...like we have so many people that legit get ran over and they walking on the sidewalk. When it's your time, nothing will prevent it. That's how I see it. But gettin me worked up and bothered doesn't help my mental state when I still plan to ride. They miteaswell be positive about it.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.