Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

Registered
Me too. It gets old hobbling around. Ive advanced to 1 crutch now. Can't ride until I can support the whole weight of the bike with my busted/healing leg but by gosh I'm working toward that goal 馃悏
Excellent!!! Get after it!

I was told that once I can have my boot removed I鈥檒l need to go to physical therapy. I鈥檝e lost all muscle in my calf due to inactivity. But I try to work on my thighs and lower body and ab area when I can. I think I might be in a condition to ride in late January; but I鈥檒l need to discuss with my dr and PT.

Hopefully, we鈥檒l be able to ride soon! 馃

Registered
Sorry too hear about the crashes, @Tracy and @TaiMc. Crashes suck for sure. I crashed in April at the track. Totally my fault, I got on it way too hard in my 1st session 1st lap of the season. Cold track, cold tires, over confident rider. I know better but still got bit. Slight concussion, grade 1 shoulder separation and an ambulance ride to the ER. The damage to the bike wasn鈥檛 too bad, fixed it up and was on the 3 weeks later. But my confidence was shot until mid June. View attachment 21050 View attachment 21051 View attachment 21052
Aww man!?!? So glad you鈥檝e recovered and the bike is fixed! Yea鈥 didn鈥檛 want to create a separate post about my slide bc I know yall be concerned about me; plus didn鈥檛 wanna deter new riders on here. I also wanted to notify yall once I had good news to report lol. So, I鈥檓 gld I found this thread鈥t鈥檚 like our 鈥渃rash/accident鈥 thread lol. 馃挌

And yup lots of accidents occur on cold track/cold tires. It happened a lot when I would cornerwork track day events. Sometimes you think a track may be warmed up when it鈥檚 not. I鈥檓 just glad you are good 馃檹馃徑

Registered
Excellent!!! Get after it!

I was told that once I can have my boot removed I鈥檒l need to go to physical therapy. I鈥檝e lost all muscle in my calf due to inactivity. But I try to work on my thighs and lower body and ab area when I can. I think I might be in a condition to ride in late January; but I鈥檒l need to discuss with my dr and PT.

Hopefully, we鈥檒l be able to ride soon! 馃
This reminds me of the time I broke my leg and was in a cast from crotch to toes for 6 weeks. When they took off the cast I looked down and said 鈥渨here鈥檚 my leg?鈥 It looked like my arm. :)

Registered
Dang, TaiMc too!?

Good to hear you are recovering and that it could have been worse, but yeah still sucks.
Both of you get better soon>

For me, hitting upper 50's and lower 60's here but that air having a chill about has me packing it in for the season.
The roads never really warm up enough with the nights being cold or sometimes nearing freezing.

Registered
Dang, TaiMc too!?

Good to hear you are recovering and that it could have been worse, but yeah still sucks.
Both of you get better soon>

For me, hitting upper 50's and lower 60's here but that air having a chill about has me packing it in for the season.
The roads never really warm up enough with the nights being cold or sometimes nearing freezing.
Haha鈥up me too! For it being my first spill, I think I鈥檓 okay with the way things turned out. Definitely learned a lot and just sooo happy I don鈥檛 have to rebuild my bike or buy a new one.

Only thing that changed is that I鈥檓ma hold off on buying my Ducati 950s. My insurance paid me a nice lil sum and I鈥檝e been able to essentially pay my Jeep off earlier than I expected. Plus i had planned on buying the Duc in December. Since I won鈥檛 be riding in December and probably late January鈥 figured I might as well hold off and enjoy being debt free for the first time in my life since before college. Plus, January and February is when we can get ice, so it鈥檚 not the best riding conditions.

Started doing a lot of Financial planning and realized just how much $ I can save during 2022鈥nd into 2023 and wanna put some $ down on an investment property. There鈥檚 no rush for another bike and I鈥檝e had time to think on it.

Plus if I wait鈥 can get the bike later, pay cash and still be debt free after getting it. Who knows they may come out with a better version of the Supersport. 馃し馃徑鈥嶁檧锔

We鈥檒l see!

Registered
鈥 figured I might as well hold off and enjoy being debt free for the first time in my life since before college.

Plus if I wait鈥 can get the bike later, pay cash and still be debt free after getting it.

We鈥檒l see!
That's a great way to turn this crash into a win! 馃弳

Registered
Hey Tai, you gonna love phys. Therapy. Otherwise known as PT or patient torture! I'm 4 weeks in and about done. Good luck. It has done me a whole lot of good but I'm still old n ugly. Didn't help that
LOL! Stop it! Thanks for the laugh, but I'm looking forward to PT! No pain no gain and I'm aiming to be back to normal.

If I can fully recover, it'll help my family accept my choice to ride still. I need to get back to normal, bc now the pressure is on. They're slowly telling me how it has made "them" feel... and tbh it's a bit burdensome for me. I'm trying to be understanding but at the same time, I don't wanna hear it. When I got into my head-on collision in my car, I was injured but no1 tried to convince me to give up driving. So it's like stop trying to convince me to stop riding.

I'm not receiving it.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts