Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

Registered
I want to ride soooo bad. Weather has been soo good. Dam!!! 馃悏
Whattt? What鈥檚 keeping you from riding! I myself haven鈥檛 ridden in 2.5weeks. I was on my way to see some friends participate in CMRA races at the track and I slid on some gravel and sand in a turn! Didnt see the doggone sand! My right side was impacted鈥 think it cushioned Vert鈥檚 fall. Bike is in GREAT condition: just have scratches on 3 right side fairings and both brake levers were bent. My cousin Trey was with me and took care of my bike鈥eplaced my levers and holding my bike until I can get it.

I sustained a broken right ankle, dislocated right shoulder, road rashed knee (wasnt wearing knee armor)鈥nd a pinched nerve! Im healing well! I saw my ortho dr today and he said I鈥檓 a great patient! 馃 I miss riding, but tbh I needed to SIT DOWN. Lots of things happened in October鈥very weekend Inhad something going on and then I had some emotional stress and hardships happened. I think that I didnt want to sort those emotional events out by working through them鈥hat I decided to fill my schedule with things to do to stay distracted.

In hindsight I鈥檓 glad the accident happened. I needed the downtime from work, from other people鈥rom the pace of my life. I miss riding but as my friend said 鈥渋t aint going anywhere鈥ocus on your recovery鈥. And that鈥檚 what I plan to do.
I鈥檓 also missing some gorgeous weather to ride in but I鈥檓 enjoying my self-care鈥y sleep, my own company. Lol it鈥檚 like I鈥檓 rediscovering myself again. I鈥檓 on paid sick leave and my auto insurance paid me out $2500 PIP for lost wages (yes u can be paid even if ur getting paid leave, for accidents).

I hope you are healing well! Enjoy your off time鈥ake care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally. SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

Hopefully, we鈥檒l both be back riding in a few more weeks. I think I have another 6 weeks before I鈥檓 fully healed.

Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whattt? What鈥檚 keeping you from riding! I myself haven鈥檛 ridden in 2.5weeks. I was on my way to see some friends participate in CMRA races at the track and I slid on some gravel and sand in a turn! Didnt see the doggone sand! My right side was impacted鈥 think it cushioned Vert鈥檚 fall. Bike is in GREAT condition: just have scratches on 3 right side fairings and both brake levers were bent. My cousin Trey was with me and took care of my bike鈥eplaced my levers and holding my bike until I can get it.

I sustained a broken right ankle, dislocated right shoulder, road rashed knee (wasnt wearing knee armor)鈥nd a pinched nerve! Im healing well! I saw my ortho dr today and he said I鈥檓 a great patient! 馃 I miss riding, but tbh I needed to SIT DOWN. Lots of things happened in October鈥very weekend Inhad something going on and then I had some emotional stress and hardships happened. I think that I didnt want to sort those emotional events out by working through them鈥hat I decided to fill my schedule with things to do to stay distracted.

In hindsight I鈥檓 glad the accident happened. I needed the downtime from work, from other people鈥rom the pace of my life. I miss riding but as my friend said 鈥渋t aint going anywhere鈥ocus on your recovery鈥. And that鈥檚 what I plan to do.
I鈥檓 also missing some gorgeous weather to ride in but I鈥檓 enjoying my self-care鈥y sleep, my own company. Lol it鈥檚 like I鈥檓 rediscovering myself again. I鈥檓 on paid sick leave and my auto insurance paid me out $2500 PIP for lost wages (yes u can be paid even if ur getting paid leave, for accidents).

I hope you are healing well! Enjoy your off time鈥ake care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally. SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

Hopefully, we鈥檒l both be back riding in a few more weeks. I think I have another 6 weeks before I鈥檓 fully healed.

View attachment 21036
View attachment 21035
View attachment 21034

View attachment 21036
View attachment 21035
View attachment 21034
Dam! Vert has character now. My Nina is gone馃槶
I guess we are both on the recovery list, no fun hobbling around huh?
馃悏

Registered
Dam! Vert has character now. My Nina is gone馃槶
I guess we are both on the recovery list, no fun hobbling around huh?
馃悏
Whatttt oh noo??? 馃挌 When are you getting another one? And naw it鈥檚 not fun, but I鈥檓 definitely finding the silver lining in all of this. My health insurance is pretty much paying for everything鈥y auto insurance is paying me enough to pay off my jeep. Lol鈥鈥檓 just realizing that this downtime is what was needed. And I鈥檓 rolling with it!
Imma get stock fairings for the right and my cuz said he鈥檇 install for me. In the meantime I鈥檓 catching up on Netflix and eating SweetGreen salads 馃ぃ

I hope you are recovering fast hun. Not glad to see you were hurt鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I鈥檓 keeping positive and looking forward to walking normally again 馃え
Me too. It gets old hobbling around. Ive advanced to 1 crutch now. Can't ride until I can support the whole weight of the bike with my busted/healing leg but by gosh I'm working toward that goal 馃悏

Registered
Sorry too hear about the crashes, @Tracy and @TaiMc. Crashes suck for sure. I crashed in April at the track. Totally my fault, I got on it way too hard in my 1st session 1st lap of the season. Cold track, cold tires, over confident rider. I know better but still got bit. Slight concussion, grade 1 shoulder separation and an ambulance ride to the ER. The damage to the bike wasn鈥檛 too bad, fixed it up and was on the 3 weeks later. But my confidence was shot until mid June.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 70 Posts