Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

Greetings from the South!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SouthernRider22 
#1 ·
Hello fellow ninjas!

Name's Angela and I'm from South Carolina. I've had my beeeeuuutiful grey and orange Ninja 400 for 4 weeks now and I'm taking her in for her breaking maintenance within the next week. I've got nothing but great compliments on the bike and have had nothing but a blast on it. I joined as I wanted to have a community of fellow Ninja 400 owners around in case any quirks come up and to share the fun ones with. ?

This is not my first bike, I also currently own a Ducati Scrambler SixtyTwo and I am now a firm believer that one must have a variety of bikes as they each have their strengths.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have a broad variety of people here, sharing experiences with their Ninjas, helping each other out with issues (if any), sharing tips and nuggets of wisdom. How would you compare the Ninja with the Scrambler (not that they're directly comparable -- apples and oranges), but just curious of your impressions.

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! Appreciate it.

I have over 5k on the Scrambler and have had it a year now. Other than 2 wheels, there really is not much the same. The scrambler is a blast off road and can take any road with ease. My only compliant is the throttle is choppy. Other differences from the ninja is the back brake pedal has a lot of 'play' compared to the ninja, the levers on the Ducati are stiffer including the gear shift lever even when rev matching, and she's got a nice grunt to her when you gas it. I love them both for various reasons.

Welcome from the North! Actually had my eye on a Ducati Scrambler once, then realized the design just isn't for me and I wanted something sportier.
The Ninja seat must be breaking in that bum compared to the Ducati.
I thought the same thing but the Scrambler is actually worse on the bum. :) I take the ninja on twisties mostly tho so I'm hardly sitting still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.