Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my dream bike 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it!!! After one and a half long years with a 150cc bike, I finally passed the 2md riding test which allowed me to purchase a 400cc bike for myself.

Just for context, things in Singapore are different from elsewhere around the world. While the Ninja 400 is a "beginner" bike to everyone, it's far from "beginner" here in Singapore. Our law requires us to pass a riding test and have at least one year of riding experience with a <200cc bike, before going for another test to accumulate one more year with a 201cc - 400cc bike, before finally going for yet another test to be allowed purchase a >400cc bike.

The size of my country is just 33km from one end to another, and speed limits are at most 90km/hr. Top speed isn't everyone's priority here. Sound and torque is.

That's why I've chosen the Ninja 400! Best of the 400cc bikes in my opinion. I'm gonna settle with this bike for the next few years because my country just don't have enough roads to run a bigger bike to satisfaction.

The Ninja 400 is considered one of the rarest bikes in Singapore because parts are scarce and Singaporeans generally prefer the Honda Super 4 (able to put box and pillion feels more comfortable). So me riding a Ninja 400 here definitely raises eyebrows more than any other parts of the world.

Here's my bike! Changed to Leovince LV-One because the LV-10 is illegal in my country! Still much louder and lighter than the stock pipe!

20200301_110214.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Congratulations on the 400cc license. Sweet bike 'n LV. (y)
Seems a lot of Asia, and Europe have tiered licensing, which is good. Here in the USA, any n00b can buy a ZX1400, and go out 'n kill themselves before they even have a clue how to ride. It's absurd!
I guess these are good starter bikes, but us old experienced riders like 'em too. It's a great package; nice usable motor, good ergos, and decent brakes 'n suspension right out of the box.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Yeah, it's definitely considered a starter bike here in the US. I think the issue is that highway travel is rather limited on a sub 200cc bike which would make using a bike for transportation in the US mute. Traffic will often flow at 80 MPH (130 kph) so if you can't keep up then it becomes unsafe. Often times it is the speed difference between vehicles which is the bigger hazard, not the overall speed. As for the concept that somebody with 2 days of riding experience in a training course (as that is all it takes to get an unrestricted motorcycle license) should be able to hop on a Kawasaki H2... I guess you could argue pros and cons.

Anyway, great looking bike and have fun! Make sure you wear your protective gear!

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my dream bike 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it!!! After one and a half long years with a 150cc bike, I finally passed the 2md riding test which allowed me to purchase a 400cc bike for myself.

Just for context, things in Singapore are different from elsewhere around the world. While the Ninja 400 is a "beginner" bike to everyone, it's far from "beginner" here in Singapore. Our law requires us to pass a riding test and have at least one year of riding experience with a <200cc bike, before going for another test to accumulate one more year with a 201cc - 400cc bike, before finally going for yet another test to be allowed purchase a >400cc bike.

The size of my country is just 33km from one end to another, and speed limits are at most 90km/hr. Top speed isn't everyone's priority here. Sound and torque is.

That's why I've chosen the Ninja 400! Best of the 400cc bikes in my opinion. I'm gonna settle with this bike for the next few years because my country just don't have enough roads to run a bigger bike to satisfaction.

The Ninja 400 is considered one of the rarest bikes in Singapore because parts are scarce and Singaporeans generally prefer the Honda Super 4 (able to put box and pillion feels more comfortable). So me riding a Ninja 400 here definitely raises eyebrows more than any other parts of the world.

Here's my bike! Changed to Leovince LV-One because the LV-10 is illegal in my country! Still much louder and lighter than the stock pipe!

View attachment 12025
View attachment 12026
Hi, where can you buy a new one in Singapore?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts