Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time motorcycle owner and rider. I come from the world of high performance cars. Owned a fully built FD Rx-7, built Mustang and currently have a 17 MK7 Golf R running a Garret GTX3071R pushing roughly 450whp on pump, she’s currently limited by stock fueling system but that’s next. It felt strange buying a sport bike that would get crushed by your car in every aspect hahaha.

Closest thing I ever had to a bike was during high school and first couple years of college I used to ride ATVs. Owned a Honda 450R with a hot cam, exhaust the works. I thought that would prepare me some for a bike but man was I wrong

I’ve been flirting with the idea of buying a bike for years but never wanted a 250 because I knew I’d want a new bike quickly. When the Ninja 400 came out it felt like this was the perfect first bike for me. It looks **** close to a 600 and has enough juice to keep me happy for a couple years while I learn. I knew if I jumped right on a 600 I’d get brave before I was ready and would be dead.

Wondering what everyone is using for a fender delete? I feel like that fender ruins the look of the ass end.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi, and welcome.

I have the TST tail tidy kit. It comes with everything you need: flasher relay, a choice between 2 style LED blinkers, LED plate light, wire hole block off plate. It's great, super bright and extremely light weight. Not a fan of the bent sheet metal, only time will tell when it'll snap due to fatigue from vibrations.

The Vagabond allows you to retain the OEM blinkers and plate light.

There's also the Driven Racing tail tidy. I think this is the most sturdy (won't break due to fatigue) because it consists of modular billet aluminum. Every piece is fastened together, eliminating bended metals.

I say this because with the vibrations and wind resistance, it can cause stress points in the metal to fail (over time) especially at the bent angles of the base. I've had a tail tidy break because of this poor design, (although that was with a viby 125cc Grom.

Oh, and the downside is riding in the wet with a tail tidy, be prepared to get tire spray all over the rear of the bike and some on your back.

There are Thai companies that sell those Ducati style rear splash guards that bolt to the swingarm hugging the rear tire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there importrx7. Very good choice for a starter bike and a bike for folks getting back into ring again after years of taking a break. All the bikes I`ve owned this is clearly hands down the best handling bike I have ever ridden. Added the Vagabond rear fender eliminator and it looks fantastic. The quality is top notch. If you go with Vagabond and give em a call tell em that fella in NC is still waiting for them to come out with a rear fender eliminator for the 2017 Ninja ZX6R...lol....They said within a month or so..

Have fun and safe ridin..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts