Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising along one of my favorite roads, pass a Park Ranger going in the opposite direction. I'm not going THAT fast so I don't think any thing about it. I'm working some curves and suddenly I see his SUV right on my butt. Yep, he lights me up pulls me over and informs me I was doing 20 something over the limit. I act very surprised at this and I guess he felt some compassion for an old man and let me go with a warning this time. HAHA

·
Registered
486 Posts
Cruising along one of my favorite roads, pass a Park Ranger going in the opposite direction. I'm not going THAT fast so I don't think any thing about it. I'm working some curves and suddenly I see his SUV right on my butt. Yep, he lights me up pulls me over and informs me I was doing 20 something over the limit. I act very surprised at this and I guess he felt some compassion for an old man and let me go with a warning this time. HAHA

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I was riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy from Asheville to Blowing Rock, NC, yesterday. Not terribly crowded, but saw a Park Ranger set up with radar just before the congestion around Moses Cone/Price Park recreation areas. First officer I've seen since the parkway opened up for the season this spring. I guess it's time to remind the weekend warriors it's almost "autumn/leaf season" in the mountains.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy from Asheville to Blowing Rock, NC, yesterday. Not terribly crowded, but saw a Park Ranger set up with radar just before the congestion around Moses Cone/Price Park recreation areas. First officer I've seen since the parkway opened up for the season this spring. I guess it's time to remind the weekend warriors it's almost "autumn/leaf season" in the mountains.
I was riding that area the past 2 weekends. Have you been on 226A coming out of Little Switzerland? That road is a disaster waiting to happen because of all the dirt and stone that accumulates from the dirt driveways.

Had brunch at the Village in Blowing Rock

Plant Door Road surface Brick Art

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I forgot: Little Switzerland is part of the higher priced homes popping up around the Boone/Blowing Rock area. I'm surprised they don't have a county or state maintenance crew to take better care than that. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts