Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an international site (that ideally ships to little old NZ...) that offers genuine parts or eh.. good enough aftermarket.

Trying to replace a front RH KRT fairing in NZ is going to cost about 1/4 of what the darn thing is worth so look at cheaper alternatives but can't find much in the way of genuine suppliers online for N400 parts.. or really anything even aftermarket.

Keen for a one stop shop so I can look at grabbing Tail tidy, integrated taillights etc while I'm blowing the spending budget anyway.

Drop your "Go To's" below please :grin: Would be appreciated (Yes I know of RevZilla...)

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I dont have a single 'go to' for you but can offer some advice on different bits.

Firstly, here is a link to a quality made Australasian tail tidy that fits the 254mm wide NZ plate and retains stock indicators. I've bought two tail tidy's off this outfit now, very happy with product and service. Plus excellent fitting video guide on the website.
https://www.mustardbikes.com.au/18-current-ninja-400-tail-tidy.

That's a shame to hear that the fairing parts are so expensive here through Kawasaki NZ. I doesn't surprise me though as they quoted me $1600NZD for the Kawasaki accessory Akrapovic slip on. It's a street legal one.
The parts are made in Thailand so they should be cheap. For example I needed a RH side fairing for my CBR300 and it cost me $180 NZD. So Kawasaki are taking the piss.

I would try contacting a big Kawasaki shop in Thailand that has good English and see if they would do international freight on an order. Bangkok perhaps best bet.
How much were you quoted here in NZ?

I dont think there is much available in the way of integrated taillights just yet, I know some of the guys are waiting on the TST industries one. https://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/125-parts-accessories/1541-tst-integrated-tail-light.html

It's always the same with a new model, you just have to be patient for the aftermarket parts to become available.
Probably not what you wanted to hear :biggrin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have a single 'go to' for you but can offer some advice on different bits.

Firstly, here is a link to a quality made Australasian tail tidy that fits the 254mm wide NZ plate and retains stock indicators. I've bought two tail tidy's off this outfit now, very happy with product and service. Plus excellent fitting video guide on the website.

That's a shame to hear that the fairing parts are so expensive here through Kawasaki NZ. I doesn't surprise me though as they quoted me $1600NZD for the Kawasaki accessory Akrapovic slip on. It's a street legal one.
The parts are made in Thailand so they should be cheap. For example I needed a RH side fairing for my CBR300 and it cost me $180 NZD. So Kawasaki are taking the piss.

I would try contacting a big Kawasaki shop in Thailand that has good English and see if they would do international freight on an order. Bangkok perhaps best bet.

I dont think there is much available in the way of integrated taillights just yet, I know some of the guys are waiting on the TST industries one. https://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/125-parts-accessories/1541-tst-integrated-tail-light.html

It's always the same with a new model, you just have to be patient for the aftermarket parts to become available.
Oh yay, thank you for that link.. Certainly on the top of the list.
Kawasaki in Auckland quote me $1,800 for 2x Fairings and to fit. After I chatted about the high price, they discounted it a little. Initially was $500 for RH Fairing. $250 for decals. So $750.. Then the top fairing which unfortunately has a hairline crack in it is $530 for the fairing and $140 for the decals.. All because of a stupid garage drop. Frame sliders will be first on the list once I've replaced, that's for sure.

I think I read somewhere there is someone doing aftermarket fairings? And then I can source the decals through KNZ.

My 300 cost me 400$ for a side panel back in 2017... yeh kawasaki make me angry with the fairing prices
Dealer Tax...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dealer Tax...[/QUOTE]

nope was purchased from ebay, I have seen you before on insta I think, will give a follow, for 400 parts its best to joing the 400 thailand club as they have things most of us have never even seem before haha

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer Tax...

nope was purchased from ebay, I have seen you before on insta I think, will give a follow, for 400 parts its best to joing the 400 thailand club as they have things most of us have never even seem before haha
Jeepers that off Ebay?? Far out.
Oh Instagramm.. yes I lurk there occasionally :ph34r:

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Oh yay, thank you for that link.. Certainly on the top of the list.
Kawasaki in Auckland quote me $1,800 for 2x Fairings and to fit. After I chatted about the high price, they discounted it a little. Initially was $500 for RH Fairing. $250 for decals. So $750.. Then the top fairing which unfortunately has a hairline crack in it is $530 for the fairing and $140 for the decals.. All because of a stupid garage drop. Frame sliders will be first on the list once I've replaced, that's for sure.

I think I read somewhere there is someone doing aftermarket fairings? And then I can source the decals through KNZ.
The only aftermarket fairings I know of at this stage are race fairings which come as a complete kit and probably wouldn't be compatible with OEM ones. Plus they come unpainted etc.
Have a look at @SDM! 's race bike build thread to see what I mean.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only aftermarket fairings I know of at this stage are race fairings which come as a complete kit and probably wouldn't be compatible with OEM ones. Plus they come unpainted etc.
Have a look at @SDM! 's race bike build thread to see what I mean.
Yes had a look at his fairings, bloody cool.
Sigh... Insurance claim me thinks :sad:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found this link, and seems to ship to most countries. Yet to buy from it tho, but seems very useful.

https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com
That's awesome - Thank you for that. Have put an order together and including shipping is only $300 kiwi...
I just can't work out the part numbers and what they include as it's pointing to the decals but not the actual fairing!

And what I've ordered... I pretty much ticked everything RH side on that diagram.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's awesome - Thank you for that. Have put an order together and including shipping is only $300 kiwi...
I just can't work out the part numbers and what they include as it's pointing to the decals but not the actual fairing!

And what I've ordered... I pretty much ticked everything RH side on that diagram.
Found the cowling...

$592 USD.. Nevermind then :sad:
I might just order the parts from KNZ and DIY.

$520 for that RH side sounds pretty good right now!

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I had some communications with this Kawasaki dealer in Chiang Mai, Thailand a while back via facebook messenger.
https://www.facebook.com/sangchaiturakit.kawasaki

They seemed a switched on outfit. I'm going over there in four weeks time and was going to get a rear seat cowl through them after Kawasaki NZ quoted me some stupid price for it. Have decided I dont want one now as you cant swap from one to the other (pillion seat for cowl) easily.
Might be worth an enquiry? Would be happy to help out when I'm over there in any way I can but it wont fit in my suit case for the return leg unfortunately Lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Oh ****. I ordered my tail tidy from Vagabond. Looks like i got to drill holes into my number plate to fit.

I wouldn't use an integrated taillight anymore. When my R3 was written off, i had an integrated taillight from TST. and the accessor who was accessing the damage bike said it was illegal and would fail WOF

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Oh ****. I ordered my tail tidy from Vagabond. Looks like i got to drill holes into my number plate to fit.

I wouldn't use an integrated taillight anymore. When my R3 was written off, i had an integrated taillight from TST. and the accessor who was accessing the damage bike said it was illegal and would fail WOF
Yeah I hear what your sayin but... One of the beauties of our three year W.O.F on a new vehicle now is that you can do these mods and dont have to worry about it for three years. Good eh.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I hear what your sayin but... One of the beauties of our three year W.O.F on a new vehicle now is that you can do these mods and dont have to worry about it for three years. Good eh.
I plan to do the vagabond tail tidy with stock indicators. Get the TST smoke taillight but not connect the intergrated indicators :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know that they carry any oem parts but I really like sportsbikegear.com. I just spent two days of back and forth emailing with them. They put a ton of time into answering questions in thoughtful detail and in the end recommended that I cancel my order, not because I was trying to do that but because they thought it wasn't the right purchase based on our conversation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts