Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bars on the Ninja 400 appear to be on the high side so I'm picking a few rider who like to tuck will swap them out for some aftermarket ones.

Add any info you have onto this thread please.
I went for the Gilles Tooling GP-Light clip ons as they aren't too expensive and I've never had an issue with them. They are from TST's website (have I mentioned that I love TST?). Will post more info when I get them in.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
I went for the Gilles Tooling GP-Light clip ons as they aren't too expensive and I've never had an issue with them. They are from TST's website (have I mentioned that I love TST?). Will post more info when I get them in.
These ones? https://tstindustries.com/Gilles-Tooling-41mm-GP-LIGHT-2-Clip-Ons.html

I'm guessing the tapered end goes into the clamp and gets held in by a cap screw?

I'm first going to look at re-positioning the OEM bars under the tope yoke. But I haven't a bike to play with/look at yet. Any thoughts on that idea?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These ones? https://tstindustries.com/Gilles-Tooling-41mm-GP-LIGHT-2-Clip-Ons.html

I'm guessing the tapered end goes into the clamp and gets held in by a cap screw?

I'm first going to look at re-positioning the OEM bars under the tope yoke. But I haven't a bike to play with/look at yet. Any thoughts on that idea?
Yes and Yes.

The OEM will not fit under the triple tree from the looks of it. I'll see if I can make my way out to the garage to grab a picture to help explain why.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just to let you know it works. By the way, I cut the end of both bars to shorten the... Bars. Will try to take better pictures
Which brand are those? Why did you cut the bars? I went with Vortex. Put them on top of the triple tree, didn’t even try to mount them underneath, doubt they would fit with the stock fairings.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts