Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

Getting a more aggressive riding position

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AECFXI 
#1 ·
I noticed in the dealership that the N400 has a very upright seating position, which mirrored comments in review videos I watched. I'm trying to choose between the N400 and a Yamaha R3 for my first bike, and while the N400 is definitely a better bike overall, one of the things I'm looking for personally is a bit more of an aggressive, tucked riding position. Yes, I know upright seating is more comfortable, but I really enjoyed reviewer comments about the R3 that described riding almost "inside" of the motorcycle rather than on top of it (at least compared to other <500cc bikes). For reference I am 6' and 160lbs, 33" inseam.

I know the riding position can be adjusted somewhat on the N400 with Woodcraft clipons and a taller seat, but I'm trying to get a fix for just how much of an actual change in seating position this gets you (or rather, 6' me). Woodcraft's Eric Wood said their no-cut 12-4541K3 put the bars 25mm forward of stock and drop the height by 15mm, and the product description says this is as low as a the bars can possibly go while remaining no cut. The Kawasaki extended seat gives you an extra 25mm of vertical seat height.

How much of a change do these mods make? Are there other mods I can do (like move the foot pegs)? How does the result compare with the position of an R3?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.