Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a doubter, but this is one of the best cheap mods I've done so far. I typically ride in TCX X-Street sneakers. I really liked the sneakers but one con is that there's no shifter pad protection so I completely scuffed up and worn out the left shoe in my first pair less than 6 months of use. I know it's not a big deal but for me it looks really weird when the right sneaker looks new while the left looks so beat up. Symmetry is good. :)

I bought a new pair of the updated TCX Street Ace WP Shoes recently. I don't think I lose any lever feel or any that I can tell and after using this rubber sock for a few weeks, my left shoe is completely scuff free so it works!

I paid ~$7 USD but there are some listed around $4. I did not want any branding so I bought this one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJ0RNFY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's some negative reviews about it not fitting some gear levers but I had no issues and it's easy to remove also. Attached a couple of pics.

I recommend if you don't have any shift protection on your shoes for streeting riding and don't want it all scuffed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I never knew there was such a thing! Something new every day huh.
Yeah I can imagine in an office environment if your commuting in on your bike every day you still want your footwear looking respectable.
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was a doubter, but this is one of the best cheap mods I've done so far. I typically ride in TCX X-Street sneakers. I really liked the sneakers but one con is that there's no shifter pad protection so I completely scuffed up and worn out the left shoe in my first pair less than 6 months of use. I know it's not a big deal but for me it looks really weird when the right sneaker looks new while the left looks so beat up. Symmetry is good. :)

I bought a new pair of the updated TCX Street Ace WP Shoes recently. I don't think I lose any lever feel or any that I can tell and after using this rubber sock for a few weeks, my left shoe is completely scuff free so it works!

I paid ~$7 USD but there are some listed around $4. I did not want any branding so I bought this one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJ0RNFY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's some negative reviews about it not fitting some gear levers but I had no issues and it's easy to remove also. Attached a couple of pics.

I recommend if you don't have any shift protection on your shoes for streeting riding and don't want it all scuffed up.
Sorry for posting on an old post. This should be good for white leather shoes? Do you ever have to take it out to clean it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts