Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a doubter, but this is one of the best cheap mods I've done so far. I typically ride in TCX X-Street sneakers. I really liked the sneakers but one con is that there's no shifter pad protection so I completely scuffed up and worn out the left shoe in my first pair less than 6 months of use. I know it's not a big deal but for me it looks really weird when the right sneaker looks new while the left looks so beat up. Symmetry is good. :)

I bought a new pair of the updated TCX Street Ace WP Shoes recently. I don't think I lose any lever feel or any that I can tell and after using this rubber sock for a few weeks, my left shoe is completely scuff free so it works!

I paid ~$7 USD but there are some listed around $4. I did not want any branding so I bought this one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJ0RNFY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's some negative reviews about it not fitting some gear levers but I had no issues and it's easy to remove also. Attached a couple of pics.

I recommend if you don't have any shift protection on your shoes for streeting riding and don't want it all scuffed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I never knew there was such a thing! Something new every day huh.
Yeah I can imagine in an office environment if your commuting in on your bike every day you still want your footwear looking respectable.
Thanks for posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts