Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has anybody else had issues installing the GBRacing bullet frame sliders?
The right side fits fine. The left hand side on the other hand is too short going partly below the fairing.
The total assembly of the frame slider is 11cm but I estimate it to be 1cm too short.

Correspondence with GBRacing has been going slow so I wondered if anybody else has had a similar issue.
Even if you have these frame sliders and they fit fine I would be interested to hear from you.
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
667 Posts
Stupid question here. Are you sure you have the left and right side mounting brackets on the correct sides? It's not uncommon for the two mounting assemblies to be slightly different lengths to fit the bike's fairing requirements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the aluminium part goes so far inward when installed there is no room to slide the puck on. The fairing itself blocks the puck from sliding on.

·
Registered
667 Posts
GBR's products are normally well made with proper fit. I'm stumped. Without being able to see the mounting brackets.. any possibility the could be installed upside down?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just a straight component. I had to cut a hole in the fairing where the engine mount is and then mount the slider through it. It is therefore impossible to mount it upside down.
The guys at GBRacing are also stunned. It's hard to figure out what is different with my bike. Probably I'm doing something wrong but the install is fairly straightforward and the guys at GBR confirmed that I mounted the slider correctly (as far as that is possible using solely pictures).
It is a really strange experience.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sid you ever get thus figured out?
Can you post a pic if the right side fir comparison?

Do you need to cut the fairing more or perhaps they just sent the wrong part for the left side....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't heard from them for a week now. Maybe they're on vacation.

I've already removed the right side slider but this image from the installation manual might give an idea of how it should be.

Together with GBRacing we've established that:
  • I have the correct parts
  • I installed them in the correct conficonfiguration
It is unlikely but there seems to be something different about my bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could somebody do me a favor and measure the distance from the back of the engine mount (left side) to where the fairing is (see image)?According to GBRacing it should be 11cm while in my case it is 12cm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts