Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 ninja 400 is about 3 weeks old and I already have a few scratches on the instrument screen/gauge cluster.

One time I'm sure is from when I touched the speedometer screen with my leather glove. I barely touched it but I guess the slight dust and leather glove were enough to scratch it.

Today I used some microfiber cloths to wipe down the screen and noticed a few more light scratches. Very fine but they are there and show up more on direct sunlight.

Has anyone put a screen protector on theirs and can provide a link to buy? I'd be interested in some ppf film to apply myself but I'm not sure which brands would be best against sunlight/weather.

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I already have a few scratches on the instrument screen/gauge cluster.
You could try Micro-Mesh. For a light scratch like yours you won’t need the coarser grits

I think I’ve seen it on Amazon as well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I haven't used a screen protector on any of my bikes, but Speedo Angels is a sponsor of You Tuber The Missenden Flyer. I'm guessing they'd work as well as the screen protectors I've used on my phone. I'm just mentioning it because it's a brand I've heard of and a place to start researching.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2020 ninja 400 is about 3 weeks old and I already have a few scratches on the instrument screen/gauge cluster.

One time I'm sure is from when I touched the speedometer screen with my leather glove. I barely touched it but I guess the slight dust and leather glove were enough to scratch it.

Today I used some microfiber cloths to wipe down the screen and noticed a few more light scratches. Very fine but they are there and show up more on direct sunlight.

Has anyone put a screen protector on theirs and can provide a link to buy? I'd be interested in some ppf film to apply myself but I'm not sure which brands would be best against sunlight/weather.

Thanks.

[/Speedo Angels Dashboard Screen Protector for KAWASAKI Z400 Z650 Z900 (2017+) - 3 x Ultra Clear Amazon.com: Speedo Angels Dashboard Screen Protector for KAWASAKI Z400 Z650 Z900 (2017+) - 3 x Ultra Clear: Automotive

·
Registered
299 Posts
The plastic over the gauge cluster must scratch super easy. Mine are lightly scratched if viewed in the right light. It came that way from the dealer who must have inflicted the scratches on cleaning. They'd used it as a license bike for 80km before I bought it.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
The plastic over the gauge cluster must scratch super easy. Mine are lightly scratched if viewed in the right light. It came that way from the dealer who must have inflicted the scratches on cleaning. They'd used it as a license bike for 80km before I bought it.
Yep I've been disappointed to notice this too. I'm super careful cleaning the screen now.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I've had good luck with this spray wax, and it's easy to apply and wipe over.. I seldom do a complete wash and detail on my bike, but more of a quick wash down, then spray and wipe down. Works well on metal, plastics, and rubber. Although, I'm leery of using anything on my windscreen, I'd use this if needed to 'cover up' a scratch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had good luck with this spray wax, and it's easy to apply and wipe over.. I seldom do a complete wash and detail on my bike, but more of a quick wash down, then spray and wipe down. Works well on metal, plastics, and rubber. Although, I'm leery of using anything on my windscreen, I'd use this if needed to 'cover up' a scratch.
This is great stuff! I also use it for general cleaning and touch-up for both metal & plastics. Not so much rubber but I do use it for cleaning my windscreen and it has been fine so far. Easy to use applicator as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts