Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was really interested in the new 400 but very disappointed in the size of the gas tank,my 250 has 5.3 and my 500 has 4.8 ?my question as a saving grace for this bike is,what is the alternator output.i ride year round in nj and need at least electric grips or pants and more lights for visibility.my 250 couldnt handle 2 35 watt driving lights.i changed them for 2 led 10 watt .

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
The gas tank size is in line with all the other 300cc class bikes at 14 liters and you would be hard pressed to do better than this. It has been reduced from 17 liters on the old N300, it helps make the claimed wet/curb weight in the specs look good.

Sorry dont know stator output.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed the front relay and it's rated at 12 V with 20 A. I guess that would be 240 W?

The charger I put in shows the voltage, and it's almost always over 12 V even when charging an iPhone doing nav. Highbeams don't seem to make this number drop.

If you could get just a fifth or sixth of those 20 amps I'm sure your heated grips will be plenty hot.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I installed the front relay and it's rated at 12 V with 20 A. I guess that would be 240 W?

The charger I put in shows the voltage, and it's almost always over 12 V even when charging an iPhone doing nav. Highbeams don't seem to make this number drop.

If you could get just a fifth or sixth of those 20 amps I'm sure your heated grips will be plenty hot.
Yes 240 watts is correct, volts X amps = watts.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
I haven't seen any specs for the stator output of the N400 yet but I read somewhere that the N300 was 300W at 5K RPM and I know my old CBR300 was 340W.
So some thing in that ball park but remember the engine draws around 120W to run it's systems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't seen any specs for the stator output of the N400 yet but I read somewhere that the N300 was 300W at 5K RPM and I know my old CBR300 was 340W.
So some thing in that ball park but remember the engine draws around 120W to run it's systems.
I didn't know what a stator was. The first time you typed it I thought you typoed, the second time I had to google it.

I think this must be the swishing noise I was talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts