Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what gas mileage do you all get on your ninja 400? The internet says the 2022 gets between 49, and 50 mpg. I noticed the older models have slightly better mpg. Seems kinda backwards to me.
When I first started riding it it matched what the internet said about mpg. It's different in a better way now. Seems to get almost 70mpg when riding to work at 70 mph between 6000 and 7000 rpm. At least that's what the fuel economy guage says. I dont know if the older ninjas have this, but I really like how the 2022 ninja has a feature that let's you know when you're riding in eco mode. It's been weird watching the fuel consumption improve over time. Hopefully it isn't a glitch.
I did a 120ish mile round trip to my mom's on Mother's Day. I filled my tank before I left and when I got home I still had over half a tank. I efin love this bike!

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400
7 Posts
So what gas mileage do you all get on your ninja 400? The internet says the 2022 gets between 49, and 50 mpg. I noticed the older models have slightly better mpg. Seems kinda backwards to me.
When I first started riding it it matched what the internet said about mpg. It's different in a better way now. Seems to get almost 70mpg when riding to work at 70 mph between 6000 and 7000 rpm. At least that's what the fuel economy guage says. I dont know if the older ninjas have this, but I really like how the 2022 ninja has a feature that let's you know when you're riding in eco mode. It's been weird watching the fuel consumption improve over time. Hopefully it isn't a glitch.
I did a 120ish mile round trip to my mom's on Mother's Day. I filled my tank before I left and when I got home I still had over half a tank. I efin love this bike!
I get up to 90+ around town when I'm in 6th, and I get 60 on the highway. Not sure if the testers are just revving the piss out of the 400 to get those sucky numbers but it gets way better mileage than the 49-50 they talk about.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get up to 90+ around town when I'm in 6th, and I get 60 on the highway. Not sure if the testers are just revving the piss out of the 400 to get those sucky numbers but it gets way better mileage than the 49-50 they talk about.
That makes sence. 49mpg seems to be the minimum mpg. They probably expect everyone will ride hard. It's hard to not ride ninjas hard. To much **** fun!

·
Registered
820 Posts
fyi

·
Registered
Ninja 400 2018
201 Posts
@NinjaRider369 As time goes by and you rack up miles, the engine gets looser, and will use less fuel, better mileage!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My KRT consistently gets between 60 and 61 mpg and I ride it somewhat spiritedly. But gas mileage, while an interesting after buying it benefit, wasn't a consideration when deciding to get the 400 Ninja.
Gas mileage was my second driving force for purchasing a motorcycle. I was spending nearly $480 a month on gas just to get to and from work. My first driving force is I like motorcycles. I was originally going to buy a suzuki gxsf 650 used from a guy on cycletrader. There was another potential buyer. So we flipped a coin. And I lost. Probably for the best though. I did get to test ride it. It was my first time on a sportbike, and I instantly fell in love. I had the motobug and needed a sprtbike before the weekend ended. I did about a day and a half worth of research and decided on the ninja 400 over the honda cbr 500. No regrets.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
My bike's computer says she's getting 63.1 mpg average. I've never reset this function from purchase (don't know if it's resettable). The only mods that seem possibly relevant are the ZG touring windshield for aerodynamics and the slip on, but maybe the slip on doesn't do anything much.

Range was a significant consideration when I bought my bike because I like traveling. There's too much of the western US (and hopefully I'll add Canada one day) where gas stations are few and far between. Planning is still required even with a decent range.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Ninja 400
179 Posts
Who gives a fluck? It's a small cylinder bike that makes 46-48rwhp. The gas mileage will be great no matter how you ride it. Duckman FTW, "Mine averages between 32-35 mpg. And I couldn’t care less" :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
As a fellow Texan I felt obliged to add that we always enjoy fuel prices well below the national average, riding WOT on a number of gallons doesn't hurt that much. And look, 30 mpg's are around ZX10 numbers, so in the famous words of Clara Peller "Where's the beef?"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts