Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
How much gas are you going through on a track day. I know it is a variable, but give me your gallons or liters used please.

·
Registered
599 Posts
About the same.

The bikes computer says I average about 32-35 miles per gallon at the track at race speeds.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
573 Posts
the variables are way to high to give you an answer to that...what track? what level of riding level? do you think you will consume the same amount of fuel at COTA than JGP !!! strange question if you ask me :unsure:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I actually find it pretty consistent from track to track. Not enough difference to worry about really. I’m sure there’s probably a small difference if you really start measuring things. On the 400 no matter if it’s Hallet or NOLA the throttle is always WFO. 😊

·
Registered
887 Posts
No matter the track the 400 burns less gas than my 600 or 750, of course. I always fill
the bike before the track day and bring a 5 gallon gas can. Never had an issue with not enough gas at the track. I am glad the 400 has a gas gauge, I have to look in the tank of my 600/750 and guess if I have enough gas for the session. As soon as the fuel light starts blinking I may do another lap or 2 and come in. Don’t wanna be that GUY and run out of gas on the track and have to hitch a ride on the crash truck! 😱😱😱

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
No matter the track the 400 burns less gas than my 600 or 750, of course. I always fill
the bike before the track day and bring a 5 gallon gas can. Never had an issue with not enough gas at the track. I am glad the 400 has a gas gauge, I have to look in the tank of my 600/750 and guess if I have enough gas for the session. As soon as the fuel light starts blinking I may do another lap or 2 and come in. Don’t wanna be that GUY and run out of gas on the track and have to hitch a ride on the crash truck! 😱😱😱
Make yourself up a dip stick out of dowl wood or aluminum and put some marks on it for how many liters you have in there. Doesn't matter if it goes in on an angle to the back of the tank, you just mark the stick accordingly. Works well.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I might be dumb, but I always try to run no more than a half tank at the track, just cause I can feel the difference in how she wants to toss back and forth. I should probably just get some baffles/foam instead, lol :)

·
Director of Moderation
2,311 Posts
Like @jetpilot01 said...it can vary a lot based on track, how many sessions you're running, how long are the sessions, and your pace. A novice rider at a track that's not particularly fast can do a whole track day 6-7 sessions, 20 minutes each, on a full tank of gas most likely. But on the other hand, at Daytona I would go through half a tank in about 7-8 laps. Road America is another thirsty track. Not quite as bad as Daytona, but that's a place where I would take two 5-gallon jugs of gas with me and hope for the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts