Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, you can see the tabs that serve to hold the fairings together.
Here is a picture of mine for confirmation.

This doesn't seem unusual to me, a couple of the screws holding my bodywork together had backed themselves out and got lost in the ether before my break in service.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you can see the tabs that serve to hold the fairings together.
Here is a picture of mine for confirmation.

This doesn't seem unusual to me, a couple of the screws holding my bodywork together had backed themselves out and got lost in the ether before my break in service.
So it's normal for this gap?

Is there a reason why it doesn't fit properly like the other side and is there a way to fix it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No it's not normal is what hes saying. From your pic it looks like you just dont have the plastic tabs popped into the slots. On the black part you will see 2 small plastic tabs that stick out. They go into the two holes that are on the green part. If I remember correctly you put them down to the left and slide them up to the right for the right hand side and opposite for left.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's not normal is what hes saying. From your pic it looks like you just dont have the plastic tabs popped into the slots. On the black part you will see 2 small plastic tabs that stick out. They go into the two holes that are on the green part. If I remember correctly you put them down to the left and slide them up to the right for the right hand side and opposite for left.
Yes. The two black tabs are in the holes on the green part. I can feel the tabs behind the green part.

Just dont understand why there is a gap...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes. The two black tabs are in the holes on the green part. I can feel the tabs behind the green part.

Just dont understand why there is a gap...
My apologies for being vague. It is not normal for there to be such a gap. What seems normal to me is that the bodywork can be a little testy when assembling. When I put it all back together at the end of my frame sliders installation, I had a gap in the same area (other side of the bike) and had to go back a few steps to get it to seat correctly.

Just take it back apart, and don't continue forward until it is correct, it might take some finagling, and some curse words, but it should all go together in the end. Just remember, don't force it.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Sometimes loosening the fasteners on both pieces you are trying to mate together, hold join tight then re-tighten fasteners works. Depends how accessible the fasteners are. A second pair of hands helps too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My apologies for being vague. It is not normal for there to be such a gap. What seems normal to me is that the bodywork can be a little testy when assembling. When I put it all back together at the end of my frame sliders installation, I had a gap in the same area (other side of the bike) and had to go back a few steps to get it to seat correctly.

Just take it back apart, and don't continue forward until it is correct, it might take some finagling, and some curse words, but it should all go together in the end. Just remember, don't force it.
Sometimes loosening the fasteners on both pieces you are trying to mate together, hold join tight then re-tighten fasteners works. Depends how accessible the fasteners are. A second pair of hands helps too.
Have taken apart 3 times and tried all mentioned methods... Still same result.. I give up :crying:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have taken apart 3 times and tried all mentioned methods... Still same result.. I give up :crying:

Awww poor guy, try the video below. Watch exactly what he does, and mimic that.

If you still can't get it put back together right, take it in, the guys at the stealership should be able to get it back together.

Otherwise, I think Kiwi might be onto something! :laugh:

EDIT: Sorry, when inserting a link, if you leave the title of it blank, it's as if you never inserted a link at all.. :laugh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awww poor guy, try the video below. Watch exactly what he does, and mimic that. Click me! I'm the video link!

If you still can't get it put back together right, take it in, the guys at the stealership should be able to get it back together.

Otherwise, I think Kiwi might be onto something! :laugh:

EDIT: Sorry, when inserting a link, if you leave the title of it blank, it's as if you never inserted a link at all.. :laugh:
Just an update.

Went in to dealer for 1000km service and they said that gap is as good as it gets :(

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Because i bought my bike from them,

Free oil 1st service.

Paid $179.50. Which honestly i feel is BS.

Service only took roughly 45 minutes.
Yep, you called it correctly.
I did my own first service as it's a 250km round trip to the dealer and I clocked up the 1000km in just two weekends.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, you called it correctly.
I did my own first service as it's a 250km round trip to the dealer and I clocked up the 1000km in just two weekends.
I would have done it myself...

But they said... if anything goes wrong within warranty period and service was not done at dealer.. there might be problems :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would have done it myself...

But they said... if anything goes wrong within warranty period and service was not done at dealer.. there might be problems :(
This just simply isn't true. Sounds like they are trying to squeeze you for as much money as they can get. My dealer was very implicit that Kawi is pretty easy going about warranty repairs/replacements. Just keep records of the work you do, including receipts and what not. There is a log book at the back of your owners manual for just this purpose.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
This just simply isn't true. Sounds like they are trying to squeeze you for as much money as they can get. My dealer was very implicit that Kawi is pretty easy going about warranty repairs/replacements. Just keep records of the work you do, including receipts and what not. There is a log book at the back of your owners manual for just this purpose.
Yep, I asked my dealer first if he was cool with me doing it myself and he said no worries.
Same with both my CBR's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts