Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen anyone post it. Just kinda wondering what everyone's fuel range is? Please post where you're riding and if it's in liters or gallons.

I just filled up the first tank. 195 miles with 3.1 gallons so about 63mpg in Oklahoma flat lands.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I average 62 MPG currently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently did a trip from Mexico City to El paso Texas, since my temporary import permit was about to expire.... N400 2020.
I was able to record my trip from Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mex to Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mex. 300km, keep in mind it was roughly 27 degrees Celsius
About 80F.
Took the risk of riding 300 km nonstop, and made it. With 40km left in the tank.
So in total 340km.
Averaged 160kph or 100mph approx. Riding time was 3hrs.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z400
34 Posts
I can't give you exact figures as i dont watch it that closely. But my 14 litre tank on my z400 sees me get 350+ kms. This is probably around 60-70% of the time spent cruising at < 6k rpm and 30% of the time spent full/near full throttle accelerating up to near rev limit 1st/2nd/3rd gear. Basically every other traffic light i get stopped at results in me filtering to the front and taking off as fast as i can utilizing the first 3 gears :D

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400 ABS
115 Posts
Haven't seen anyone post it. Just kinda wondering what everyone's fuel range is? Please post where you're riding and if it's in liters or gallons.

I just filled up the first tank. 195 miles with 3.1 gallons so about 63mpg in Oklahoma flat lands.
You can usually expect about 60+ miles per gallon, but it depends on how you ride, where you ride, and the conditions. Like any other vehicle, you will get different fuel ranges if you are doing lots of stop and go, riding fast, or getting stuck at trains and long lights. All these conditions will use more fuel than say maintaining 65 miles per hour on an expressway

I have a Power Commander V on mine, my miles per tank actually fluctuates depending on which map I load into it on top of how I ride it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts