Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm having an issue and I'm hopping that someone might have a hint.
After removing the PAIR valve and flashing with Woolich the fuel range shows zero and the average only shows dashes, apart from this the bike runs great, I have checked all the connectors and everything seems fine, did some miles already and nothing, it doesn't work. Still, the fuel level is indicated properly.

Anyone had a similar issue before?

TIA!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Yep, after I got my ECU flashed using the Woolich software my fuel range/average indicator stopped working. Then about six months later with out doing anything it started working again. You may get same result. I wasn't bothered as it wasn't a function I looked at often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, after I got my ECU flashed using the Woolich software my fuel range/average indicator stopped working. Then about six months later with out doing anything it started working again. You may get same result. I wasn't bothered as it wasn't a function I looked at often.
They replied indicating that disabling the o2 sensor caused that, I have enabled it back, and it still doesn't work, I wished I knew this before at least 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
They replied indicating that disabling the o2 sensor caused that, I have enabled it back, and it still doesn't work, I wished I knew this before at least 🤦‍♂️
I think it is a small price to pay for a bike that's properly mapped. And it may start functioning again like mine did. Are you happy with the tuning job they did?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is a small price to pay for a bike that's properly mapped. And it may start functioning again like mine did. Are you happy with the tuning job they did?
There must be a way to fix it without waiting 6 months I hope!
I just used their tool, the tuning itself was done by me, and yes there is a noticeable diference!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Woolich support is crap. They always want to blame everything on you. That’s one of the reasons why I don’t use them anymore. It has nothing to do with the O2 sensor. I flashed both our bikes many times with O2 disabled and never had the issue you are having.

But sorry I can’t help with your problem other than id try pulling the connector on the back of the instrument cluster and plug it back in. Reboot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woolich support is crap. They always want to blame everything on you. That’s one of the reasons why I don’t use them anymore. It has nothing to do with the O2 sensor. I flashed both our bikes many times with O2 disabled and never had the issue you are having.

But sorry I can’t help with your problem other than id try pulling the connector on the back of the instrument cluster and plug it back in. Reboot.
That's what I though, I worked on many other kawas before and disabling the o2 was never an issue.
I have disconnected the battery, so in theory it would be the same as unplugging the connector, no luck...

They are advising me to unplug the o2 sensor, then plug it again and clear the error codes. I'm wasting more time with this than with the flash itself.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Once disabled you can either remove the O2 sensor or leave it. No difference. If you buy the Woolich race kit with quickshifter it even plugs into the O2 connector using that path to the ECU. Either way all my fuel calcs have always worked.

Don’t be too surprised if next the support dude asks what oil your using. 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I'm having an issue and I'm hopping that someone might have a hint.
After removing the PAIR valve and flashing with Woolich the fuel range shows zero and the average only shows dashes, apart from this the bike runs great, I have checked all the connectors and everything seems fine, did some miles already and nothing, it doesn't work. Still, the fuel level is indicated properly.

Anyone had a similar issue before?

TIA!
I just had a Woolich ECU reflash and quickshifter installed and I'm have the same problem. Very disappointing. Not essential information but it should still work. Had the O2 sensor disabled and removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts