Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone got a idea of how much fuel is left when the reserve comes around, I have looked in the manual, but it only seems to tell me the total capacity is 14ltrs...
From page 47 from my U.S. manual states:
"The lowest segment and fuel level warning indicator blink in the multifunction display when approximately 2.9L(0.77 US gal) of usable fuel remains."

·
Registered
171 Posts
From page 47 from my U.S. manual states:
"The lowest segment and fuel level warning indicator blink in the multifunction display when approximately 2.9L(0.77 US gal) of usable fuel remains."
Thanks for that, I was in my manual last night and found that page, just showed how much manual I read, lol...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a total mileage of about 350 on the bike and I am currently getting 63mpg, I was told to break in the bike by varying my riding style and not being afraid to red line it in the gears.

Going well so far and I am happy with that mpg with how badly I've been thrashing the pants off it!

·
Super Moderator
1,221 Posts
Interesting, I was getting mid 50mpg. Now that I have a code 13, milage quickly dropped to mid 30mpg. The little air temp sender is not working so it disables the O2 sensor. I just ordered a now temp sender but it is going to take two weeks to get it....

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a total mileage of about 350 on the bike and I am currently getting 63mpg, I was told to break in the bike by varying my riding style and not being afraid to red line it in the gears.

Going well so far and I am happy with that mpg with how badly I've been thrashing the pants off it!

63, US or UK?

I am getting 50MPG US average of 5700 km's.

·
Registered
403 Posts
never thought of the mileage aspect (coming from a camry @27mpg (city) and 33mpg (interstates) in USA anything would have been better for sure).
didnt keep a check on the numbers but the guage hovers around the 64-65 mpg mark during city commute mostly (27kmpl).
Mine is a used bike (750 miles on it and 2 months of ownership).

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Tai :smile_big:
Was thinking you been missing in action lately, welcome back, lol
Oh I'm here :) Just work has ramped up...and it's a bit stressful right now. Plan to see my baby tomorrow and see if I can mod her trunk. I don't think I'll be able to ride as it's been rainy and too wet. I don't wanna get her dirty. :plain:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh I'm here :) Just work has ramped up...and it's a bit stressful right now. Plan to see my baby tomorrow and see if I can mod her trunk. I don't think I'll be able to ride as it's been rainy and too wet. I don't wanna get her dirty. :plain:
Good your still here :)
You take care an don't let that work stress get ya down, a bike ride soon be needed eh :grin:
An yes rain an dirty roads aint much fun, then our babies need a wash n groom, ohhh the work... lol.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good your still here :)
You take care an don't let that work stress get ya down, a bike ride soon be needed eh :grin:
An yes rain an dirty roads aint much fun, then our babies need a wash n groom, ohhh the work... lol.
Yasss! lol I bought some cleaning materials for her tho...I"m excited. A lot times if i cant ride i still go to crank her, check everything out...just being with her makes me feel better <3

Some kinda machine... :3tens:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been riding my Z400 for 1 year now. Has 3,000+ U.S. miles. I've done 4 oil/filter changes. I seldom ride in city traffic, but some hiway to get to the canyon twisties. I weigh 140 lbs (63.5 Kilograms, trying to learn) with full leathers.
60 mpg (25.5 kpl) is my average.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts