Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel gauge sensor replacement

I just bought my first bike yesterday, 2011 Ninja 400r and I realized that the fuel gauge always shows as empty even though i filled it up and i can hear it sloshing in the tank. I can’t seem to find any parts for this bike because it wasn’t available in the US market when it was released, so most websites don’t even support it. How can I fix it or find a replacement part, preferably without going to a dealership. I’m in Ontario.

Also because of it being a limited release, I can’t find any aftermarket or original windshields. I want to change mine as I got the bike with a bigger touring one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Ninja 400R is a smaller version of the ER650 made for the Japanese market, and imported in a few other markets. It might pay to have a look at parts for the 650, or see if anyone on their forums can give you advice. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It may be a long shot, but, depending on how idle the bike may have been lately.. it's possible the fuel sending unit may have stopped working while sitting in stale fuel. Try a fuel injector cleaner in a few tanks of fuel while you're trying to sort things out. It'll cost little and won't harm the system.. maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Registered
775 Posts
It was said in a different thread here, but that bike is different from the current Ninja 400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts