Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have the ECU flash from Norton Motorsports and Jesse had mentioned they flip the switch on for the FTECU quickshifter to be added. Does this just plug into the port under the tail section, or is a specific harness needed to attach it to the ECU?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the FTECU quickshifter and bike side tuning module. I had to install the module into the bikes ECU. There are instructions on how to do this if you purchase the product. It is not crazy hard, but you have to be able to get the ECU out to do this work. The FTECU harness has pins that you will plug into the OEM ECU. Then once you get it back together you will flash the ECU to work with the quickshifter and other tuning changes if you want.

The quickshifter itself has wires that run back to either the FTECU module or the ECU. I can't remember.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the FTECU quickshifter and bike side tuning module. I had to install the module into the bikes ECU. There are instructions on how to do this if you purchase the product. It is not crazy hard, but you have to be able to get the ECU out to do this work. The FTECU harness has pins that you will plug into the OEM ECU. Then once you get it back together you will flash the ECU to work with the quickshifter and other tuning changes if you want.

The quickshifter itself has wires that run back to either the FTECU module or the ECU. I can't remember.
Did you have any problems with the clutch slipping when using the quickshifter at high RPMs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts