Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 400
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good place to buy a front wheel other than eBay? Or any ideas on how to straighten a front wheel? I've seen some rims on eBay, but I just wanna make sure theres another place I can buy from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There’s usually a local wheel repair guy with a truck. Search around it might be cheaper than a replacement wheel.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
925 Posts
here 1st EBay works as well. how bent is it? where you located?

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 400
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its slightly out of true to where its not visible stationary, but visible when its rotating.

Lafayette, LA

Can I hit it with a rubber mallet when the tire is on?

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
222 Posts
Anyone know a good place to buy a front wheel other than eBay? Or any ideas on how to straighten a front wheel? I've seen some rims on eBay, but I just wanna make sure theres another place I can buy from.
How fast are you needing a front wheel?
I'll have a brand new 2021 wheel with tire available once I install some new wheels this weekend.
Only 68 miles on it so tire is new as well.
Let me know.

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 400
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have a brand new 2021 wheel with tire available once I install some new wheels this weekend.
Let me know.
Not soon I can wait. I just need it before middle of March.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Not soon I can wait. I just need it before middle of March.
Sounds good.
I'm a truck driver and can ship it out late February to you. Lafayette isn't far from me in Biloxi MS and may deliver for gas fee. 😂
Sending you a PM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you have a picture of the damage? I've had several rims repaired (having a front ninja 400 repaired right now actually) and have had zero issues, even with expensive ones from Marchesini, etc.

Dr John's is my first choice as I'm familiar with his work.

GP Frame and Wheel is another very popular one but I have no direct experience with them.

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 400
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have a picture of the damage? I've had several rims repaired (having a front ninja 400 repaired right now actually) and have had zero issues, even with expensive ones from Marchesini, etc.

Dr John's is my first choice as I'm familiar with his work.

GP Frame and Wheel is another very popular one but I have no direct experience with them.
I’m located in Lafayette, LA. I don’t have pics since the true won’t show up in a picture. It slightly out of true, but I definitely notice it when leaning hard.

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 400
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
explain how you notice it when "leaning hard" ? :unsure:
If I’m doing a slight turn or going in a straight line it’s not noticeable at all but if I’m knee dragging or close to the edge I can definitely notice cause it’s not going straight but more like a wobbling, up and down as I lean.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Let me know.
How much are you asking for the rear, just curious! 🤔

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
How much are you asking for the rear, just curious! 🤔
The front wheel is sold as if now at $235 most likely delivered to buyers door. 👍
68 miles on the bike and everything's looking new including the tires.
Tire comes with the wheel. 😁
PM me an offer and let's talk. I'm not out to get rich but have limited room with two bikes and a car for a lot of extras laying around.
Let me know. 👍

·
Director of Moderation
3,021 Posts
The front wheel is sold as if now at $235 most likely delivered to buyers door. 👍
PM me an offer and let's talk. I'm not out to get rich but have limited room with two bikes and a car for a lot of extras laying around.
Let me know. 👍
That's a smoking good deal! Of course you're not out to get rich when you're undercutting yourself like that! lol I hope you sold it to this guy here who actually needs one, because there are probably several people that would've bought it instantly at that price and then listed it for $400 or $450 as soon as they get it!

·
Director of Moderation
3,021 Posts
explain how you notice it when "leaning hard" ? :unsure:
This is a common concept. Normally when there is a turn coming up and you're going pretty fast, you lean hard to make that turn. Most people don't just go straight into the grass like you do! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I kid, I kid...I couldn't help it. It's been a while since I've joked about that with you, so you were due for another one :p Plus I'm bored now having lunch :)

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
That's a smoking good deal! Of course you're not out to get rich when you're undercutting yourself like that! lol I hope you sold it to this guy here who actually needs one, because there are probably several people that would've bought it instantly at that price and then listed it for $400 or $450 as soon as they get it!
Yup the gentleman on this thread gets the wheel.
I'll be using the money to get a set of Rhino straps for when I'll be towing the 400 to exciting places. 😁

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Let me know. 👍
Nice! Good man right here. Hats off to you my friend.

I need to find a front at that price myself, ABS, but even without the rotor cause I am thinking of upgrading the front rotor for my track wheels :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts