Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk but I think it’s kinda bumpy along uneven roads, no? :plain:

Like tarmac roads, those types that have been repaved..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Idk but I think it’s kinda bumpy along uneven roads, no? :plain:

Like tarmac roads, those types that have been repaved..
The stock suspension is soft.

Especially for us bigger guys.

Your in luck there is a lot of options available know depending on your budget.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The stock suspension is soft.

Especially for us bigger guys.

Your in luck there is a lot of options available know depending on your budget.
Care to share these options, because I've been searching and all I've really found is the Ohlins rear shock.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Care to share these options, because I've been searching and all I've really found is the Ohlins rear shock.
So far the cheapest set up I have found is the Andreani cartridges, along with the Ohlins rear. I run that set up on my track bike and have no issues with suspension. You can find links in the below post for the front. Make sure the rear has compression and rebound. The cheaper Ohlins rear doesnt have it.

https://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/11-suspension-brakes/1475-andreani-misano-adjustable-hydraulic-cartridge.html

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Does anyone know the stock Fork spring rate?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Does anyone know the stock Fork spring rate?

Thanks
That is a very good question and one I'm curious about myself.
Usually I get this info from the Racetech website but our bike is not listed yet.
I see the N300 is listed at .65Kg/mm so i would say the N400 is probably .70kg/mm or maybe .75

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Maybe I’ll call Race Tech today and ask them...

I went ahead and ordered some K Tech .90 fork springs from Sportbike Trackgear. Also got a Spiegler front brake line and some Woodcraft frame sliders...

Not quite ready yet to dish out the coin for a shock...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Maybe I’ll call Race Tech today and ask them...

I went ahead and ordered some K Tech .90 fork springs from Sportbike Trackgear. Also got a Spiegler front brake line and some Woodcraft frame sliders...

Not quite ready yet to dish out the coin for a shock...
Work has been crazy and I haven't found the time to get my bike down to RaceTech. Hopefully I can do it this week, they haven't seen a 400 yet. Going to use my bike for R&D, means I won't be able to ride again for another month :crying:

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Work has been crazy and I haven't found the time to get my bike down to RaceTech. Hopefully I can do it this week, they haven't seen a 400 yet. Going to use my bike for R&D, means I won't be able to ride again for another month :crying:
Cool. I also checked their website the other day and was wondering why they didn’t list it yet...

I’m about 190# so I’m thinking a .90kgmm spring should work for me. I usually use their calculator as well. I also like their recommendations for Fork oil height and weight...but I’m just gonna drop em in and leave the oil in there for now since I only have 110 miles on the bike...

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Cool. I also checked their website the other day and was wondering why they didn’t list it yet...

I’m about 190# so I’m thinking a .90kgmm spring should work for me. I usually use their calculator as well. I also like their recommendations for Fork oil height and weight...but I’m just gonna drop em in and leave the oil in there for now since I only have 110 miles on the bike...
Yep I think your in the ball park there with the .90's. My SV came with .95's fitted so I dropped in .85's to suit my 130lb weight and my rider sag is now 33mm with static sag adjusted to 20mm via the preload adjusters.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Heavier weight fork oil

I think I will start with a heavier weight fork oil. I have done that on 3 of my previous bikes and it made a difference.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I think I will start with a heavier weight fork oil. I have done that on 3 of my previous bikes and it made a difference.
Yeah I am pretty lightweight at 140-150lbs most all the time.

I found heavier fork oil with adding some extra to increase volume has helped on almost all my bikes, it helped the old 250 some. But that bike is so bad it needs heavier springs...hard braking with the pads, lines and adjustments I have made and I can get it to completely bottom out the forks, lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts