Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I noticed that the front brake oil Level is bare line with the center and not filled to the top? Should it be topped off? I just did the 1st scheduled factory maintenance. Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wouldn’t hurt to look the caliper, master cylinder, ABS pump, and all the brake lines over for any sign of a leak. It’s not likely, but easy enough to check.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn’t hurt to look the caliper, master cylinder, ABS pump, and all the brake lines over for any sign of a leak. It’s not likely, but easy enough to check.
Good idea, I will now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just checked both the Z and Ninja . They are both just about topped off.

What does the manual recommend?

·
Registered
205 Posts
:cool: As the pads wear the fluid will go down in the master cyl, Do you have a lot of miles on or hard track time with lots of ft brake use? if pads are ok and close to new you could just top it off, no worries as long as you can see it in the window...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just be careful about topping it off as the pads wear, because when it comes time to replace pads, you may cause the reservoir to overflow when you spread the pads to get the new ones installed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bike has less than 900 miles and when i took to the dealer for the 1st maintanence... I think the brake level was much much higher.....

Anyone have a picture of their ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you took this picture while the bike was on the sidestand it's fine.
If you open the MC you will see a line that indicates the maximum level that the fluid should be in when the bike is upright.

·
Registered
123 Posts
do not fill to the brim, only to where the milled surface line is inside the M/C. This is only the overfill holding reservior, and should not be overdone, otherwise spilling brake fluid will eat your painted surfaces away!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts