Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
I’d try the appropriate sized socket with an impact wrench first. Then if that doesn’t work you can use a center punch and a large hammer and hit it in the direction to loosen it at a slight angle…

Last resort break out the grinder and grind the end flush until you can get it off with a wrench…

Last, last resort…sawzall…LOL

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I’d try the appropriate sized socket with an impact wrench first. Then if that doesn’t work you can use a center punch and a large hammer and hit it in the direction to loosen it at a slight angle…

Last resort break out the grinder and grind the end flush until you can get it off with a wrench…

Last, last resort…sawzall…LOL
^What Boat said^
You're an animal! Butt, I like the way you think. :LOL:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have an impact but dont know if its got the juice for the job. I will try using the breaker bar again, and probably try the Center punch . I got a new axle. Nut, and pin ready for when the job is done as well as a new tire so fingers crossed I ll figure it out

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you already have the replacement axle and nut then cut that buggered end off and the nut should come off pretty easy…

Heres a video of the center punch method I was referring to for others who haven’t heard of it. It works great for stripped screws…

·
Registered
2019 Z400
167 Posts
I would cut off all of the damaged axle and nut with a zip cut wheel on a grinder. Try not to let it get hot to avoid bearing damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts