Thanks for your reply.
I could get the white housing out from the connector side and I think I can slide out the orange rubber seals. After that, I'll inspect it closely to see if I can release the latches with something small with a flat head.
Is there a replacement connector that I could purchase, in case I can't release the stuck wires?
You are welcome. Dang it I forgot about some that have that "extra" latching system to hold the wires and terminals in place. Some are white, or yellow and I think, and this is me just guessing it has to with keeping the pins even more secure to avoid movement and potential increase/decrease in resistance and flow of currents. Especially were ABS and SRS are so suseptiable to change in resistance and flow of voltage as a very slight increase or decrease can throw and error and a ABS or SRS light on the dash.
I more than likely subconsciously blocked out those memories because I always hated wiring, electrical issues, etc. and always got stuck with them too.
I now think because I am so OCD and thorough with things and the fact that unless I triple check it and make sure its as right as it could ever be or loose sleep over it, they always gave me that crap.
Little story time for you......
Right before I got out of mechanic work and went the IT route instead I was the one certified technician on the new VW Touareg and Phaeton for the dealership I worked at. I was part of the discovery on why VW was buying back 1 in every 3 Touraeg's they sold, which was due to all the electricals issues which turned out to mostly be centered around SRS, airbag wiring within the car harness faulty or failing. I cannot tell you how many wires I fixed, repaired, etc. in order to isolate and determine the root cause. I fixed and rebuilt connectors and etc. Also the problem with doing that is, if you repair, at least at the time, wiring for SRS it is not safe to return to a consumer. If it was 10x better than anything original. Becomes a legal liability in the event that a airbag or some safety system does not deploy or do its job. So once we identified the same issue and point of failures across 5 different vehicles, the fix was to replace the entire interior harness of the vehicle (all one piece, handmade in a factory that took 1 month to make each one)
I got a job working at Dell during this one month time frame going into IT, while I had 2 new Touraeg's completely tore down interior wise; this was seats, carpet, headliner. all trim, all center consoles, dash, etc. completely out of the vehicle waiting for the new harness to go into the vehicle. I was really hoping it would show up in time for me to put both of them back together, but the 2x harnesses were delayed another 2 weeks and that Friday before the week they showed up was my last day there.
The new apprentice VW mechanic late teens kid got stuck having to put all that back together as his first big job working on a VW. Lol.
The biggest issue with the DIY fix is that you've removed the waterproofing for back of the connector. Since it's a sealed connector, any water that happens to get in would be more likely to pool there. I'd definitely add some silicone or similar to where you soldered on the extension wires to keep water out. You'll probably want to make sure the other end of the extension is sealed well too.
Wheel speed sensor recall
may be related to the issues we've seen with the wires breaking at this connector.
^ This. Unless you never wash the bike or fortunate enough to never get stuck in the rain even taking black RTV sealant (ultra black permatex works good enough) and just glob it on the entire back half of the connector, wiring, crimped wires, etc. and then sculpt it so its not just a big blob, let it set up and dry good to waterproof all of that, it will end up what InvisiBill said.