Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just got thr 600mile service for my Ninja400. After the service, I noticed that the friction zone on my clutch moved.

Is there a way to move it back to where it was on my own? Or do I need to take it back to the dealership? Or will it return to its original position after I ride it a little?

I’ve never done any car/bike work and have only been riding for about 3 weeks. All this stuff is new to me.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Have a look in your owners manual under the Maintenance and Adjustment section. There is information in there on how to adjust your clutch free play.
Is it engaging too soon or late (lever out) for your liking?

·
Registered
54 Posts
First things I adjusted were my clutch and throttle free play as well as the shifter lever. Makes a world of difference. Play around with it until you find it comfortable and riding will be a whole lot smoother.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Have a look in your owners manual under the Maintenance and Adjustment section. There is information in there on how to adjust your clutch free play.
After posting, I went to the owners manual and saw how to adjust where the friction zone is. For whatever reason, my dealership did an oil change, chain lube and adjusted my clutch; strange.
I would have to open my hand almost completely before touching the friction zone. I wonder why the mechanic moved it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like the mechanic has it set up for two finger clutching. That’s about how mine is set up. Go for a ride, preload the shifter with your foot, not a lot of force just enough that when you pull your clutch lever in the bike will just slip into the next gear smoothly. You won’t have to pull the clutch lever very much. It really smooths things out. Once the bike is rolling there really is no need to use the full travel of the clutch lever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts