Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our KRT/ABS model showed up earlier this week and we finally got to unwrap her on Saturday. Should be plenty of 400 Videos to come once this **** snow goes away.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Our KRT/ABS model showed up earlier this week and we finally got to unwrap her on Saturday. Should be plenty of 400 Videos to come once this **** snow goes away.
Exciting times! Enjoy it once that weather clears a bit.
Oh and mind the slippery new tyres on cold wet road like I didnt. :surprise:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exciting times! Enjoy it once that weather clears a bit.
Oh and mind the slippery new tyres on cold wet road like I didnt. :surprise:
You know, with all the excitement,I didn't even notice what kind of tires were on it. Some sort of Bridgestone?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
You know, with all the excitement,I didn't even notice what kind of tires were on it. Some sort of Bridgestone?
Dunlop Sportmax radials. This is a step forward for the 300/400 class. Usually they come with bias ply tyres like IRC Road winners ( CBR300 & Ninja 300) or Michelin Pilot sport (R3).
To be fair to KTM they put good Metzeler Sportec tyres on their 390's.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It must feel nice unwrapping one of these. Good thing that bike makers don't cover them too much in the crates, coming from the auto world and seeing what they do, sometimes it can be too much.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats dude, thanks for sharing your unboxing video. You plan on doing any mods to it? Or are you waiting to get some miles on it first to see how you find it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dunlop Sportmax radials.
Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

Congrats dude, thanks for sharing your unboxing video. You plan on doing any mods to it? Or are you waiting to get some miles on it first to see how you find it?
I'm sure some light modding will come in time. Fender eliminator... I'm sure some levers and an exhaust in time. Nothing too serious. Just can't wait to ride it. You can subscribe to the channel of you like. There will be videos to follow once the weather cooperates.

Ah Canada. Where there’s always Rush playing in the background :)

And your KRT looks sweet! Have fun!
Ha! I totally missed that. Could only be worse if we were shooting it from inside an igloo lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congrats on the bike and thanks for showing the uncrating. I was initially going to go with the KRT but ended up getting the pearl yellow/gray/black instead.

Off topic questions: Do all bikes come 90-100% fully assembled? Based on this video, the only thing I noticed that was not installed was the windscreen. When I purchased my bike, the sales guy told me it takes about 3 hours to setup. Other than getting the bike out of the crate and putting in fluids, is anyone familiar with what the dealer actually does to prepare a new bike?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Off topic questions: Do all bikes come 90-100% fully assembled? Based on this video, the only thing I noticed that was not installed was the windscreen. When I purchased my bike, the sales guy told me it takes about 3 hours to setup. Other than getting the bike out of the crate and putting in fluids, is anyone familiar with what the dealer actually does to prepare a new bike?
Not so sure about all other bikes but I do know sometimes the front wheel is removed to lower the overall height of the crate size.
With the N400's AFAIK they just have to fit the screen, mirrors and activate the battery by pouring the acid in which comes in a separate plastic package. I asked my dealer what he had to do to prep the bike and when he said about the battery I asked him not to activate it. I want to put the OEM battery in the bike fresh when I sell it. I took over my own lithium Ion battery for the first start up.
So any dealer who tries to add on a whole lot of pre delivery charges is trying it on as there's very little for them to do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like Kiwi Rider said, things like the front wheel can be removed depending on the size of the bike.
In this case it was mirrors and wind screen. Besides that, they activate the battery, remove shipping items (Notice the "Lock" on the steering stem at 3:02?) and charge the battery for a while. I can't speak for all dealer processes but just yesterday they completed by firing it up and running to check for leaks, etc and went over most fasteners to make sure nothing had shaken loose in transport. There typically isn't a team of 1 tech and multiple sales guys working on it either. This was sort of a special occasion lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not so sure about all other bikes but I do know sometimes the front wheel is removed to lower the overall height of the crate size.
With the N400's AFAIK they just have to fit the screen, mirrors and activate the battery by pouring the acid in which comes in a separate plastic package. I asked my dealer what he had to do to prep the bike and when he said about the battery I asked him not to activate it. I want to put the OEM battery in the bike fresh when I sell it. I took over my own lithium Ion battery for the first start up.
So any dealer who tries to add on a whole lot of pre delivery charges is trying it on as there's very little for them to do.
I'm definitely more educated with the dealer fees with my second motorcycle purchase. I did not do a lot of research when I bought the Ducati Scrambler which is a lesson learned. The Ducati dealer added several fees including freight and setup which I thought was the norm. At the end of the day I understand every business needs to generate revenue and positive cash flow but what some of these dealers try to charge for some of these fees is ridiculous. I understand the margins can be very little especially on the lower models/price points but it would still be nice for motorcycle dealers to provide better transparency. If there's no incentive and some customers are willing to pay for these additional fees then they will continue to add these arbitrary costs.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider
1 - 12 of 12 Posts