Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if after market frame sliders are available yet? as I don't fancy paying AU$337 for the Kawasaki set

·
Registered
244 Posts
none found yet!

Does anyone know if after market frame sliders are available yet? as I don't fancy paying AU$337 for the Kawasaki set
Steelhand, I probably did as you have already done, as in searching the internet for any sellers of the frame sliders other than Kawasaki. There is a seller on ebay that has them for more than you stated. I did pull off some images from Kawasaki.com of them and one image installed on the bike. They are offset design and show to only fit the 400 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I, too, would appreciate more info on frame sliders for the Ninja 400. It's the first mod I'd want to do on the bike. Protection and safety come first.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Offsets are good, however they will break the frame mounting point in most cases. I know I had some on my CBR1000RR. They where offset when the bike went down it broke the mounting hole for the engine bolt. I would suggest waiting until direct bolts become available even if you have to cut or drill out the stock fairings.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have my eyes on Shogun for sliders, although there's no information out right now on when it will come to market. I like what they did to the Ninja 300.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have my eyes on Shogun for sliders, although there's no information out right now on when it will come to market. I like what they did to the Ninja 300.
I'm also interested in Shogun, as Revzilla puts their frame sliders as topselling/featured. They have a contact form on their site, I think I'll reach out to them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Finally, some sensibly priced no cuts
I called Shogun because I had a question on the installation instructions that are currently posted on their website. I found out that the installation instructions should not have been posted and once the frame sliders are ready for shipping, the correct instructions will be included.

I was talking with this guy for about 30 mins and at the last few mins of the call, he mentioned he was the owner, Paul. He answered the phone since all his employees were on lunch break. haha

He gave me some good info and told me the website should be updated next week (~April 3). There will be 3 different frame sliders available Black, PA2, and Carbon. The prices should be as follows: Black $89.99, PA2 $99.99, Carbon $139.99 (in USD). Right now only the black frame sliders are available on the website for $99.99 but if you wait until next week, it should go down by $10. The manufacturing costs are lower than expected.

Paul also mentioned there will be a kit to buy the frame slider, bar end sliders, and swing arm slider/spools. The SKU for this kit should be 755-4159 and there should be some savings if you are interested in getting the kit.

The owner was very friendly, helpful, and a wealth of knowledge. I definitely plan to check their website and order next week. If it's not up by Wed, I'll give them another call to get an update.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd be curious what the quality of these parts are once someone gets their hands on them but my guess is they are well made since Shogun makes good stuff. Once these are out I don't think it makes much sense to buy the $270 Kawi ones unless you are really sold on the look.

For the record, the Kawi ones do not require any cutting of the bodywork.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'd be curious what the quality of these parts are once someone gets their hands on them but my guess is they are well made since Shogun makes good stuff. Once these are out I don't think it makes much sense to buy the $270 Kawi ones unless you are really sold on the look.

For the record, the Kawi ones do not require any cutting of the bodywork.
The Shogun website states the sliders are USA made so hopefully that means good quality. They also appear to be no cut but I plan to confirm before I order.

Reactions: Hockeynut

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm curious to see what T-Rex comes up with. Usually they make an entire combo kit frame sliders for overall protection, and their main frame slider is oval shaped as opposed to the standard cylindrical bar shape.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm curious to see what T-Rex comes up with. Usually they make an entire combo kit frame sliders for overall protection, and their main frame slider is oval shaped as opposed to the standard cylindrical bar shape.
I like the look of the T-Rex and it should be similar to the one available for the Ninja 650. Do you know if they plan to develop/manufacturer one for the Ninja 400 any time soon?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The owner was very friendly, helpful, and a wealth of knowledge. I definitely plan to check their website and order next week. If it's not up by Wed, I'll give them another call to get an update.
I've emailed them and they replied asking for my address so when I find out the shipping cost to Western Australia I'll let you guys know so the other AUS/NZ region members will have a rough idea of the cost to them

·
Registered
740 Posts
I like the look of the T-Rex and it should be similar to the one available for the Ninja 650. Do you know if they plan to develop/manufacturer one for the Ninja 400 any time soon?
I e-mailed them a few days ago and they said yes they will make them for the bike when they get their hands on one.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Clever how they used a 3-point mount to avoid cutting the fairing. Not liking the one mount on the engine case, however. Is that Delrin?

1 - 20 of 201 Posts