Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
that is actually a pretty cool idea. Looks like the same company has been working on rotary valves as well too.
. Sadly these were uploaded years ago, I don't think development is actually happening.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool idea from an engineering standpoint, bummer they won't get made. I'm so tempted to talk to my buddy about making a turbo manifold for the N400.

Edit - The date on the Bike Bandit article is from this year. Hopefully we see something move forward.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When Isaw the unit by itself in the picture I thought it didnt look too bad, then after scrolling down and seeing it on the 390...holy ****!! That thing is freaking huge!! Cool idea. Hopefully they CAN get in with some oem factories and figure out a way to fit it without it looking like some wierd parasite!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
This caught my eye over a year ago and it had been around about a year by then so it's a couple of years on now and nothing seems to be happening.
Either the company behind it doesn't have the funding to progress to mass manufacture or it is flawed in some way not immediately obvious.

Don't get me wrong I think it is a great concept, very simple with few moving parts and lightweight. It runs off exhaust gases rather than the crank so it's not sucking power to make power.
It is more suited to single cylinder engines though as you need one drum charger for each cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts