Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Today Ninjette and I visited Fond du Lac on Lake Winnebago, I hadn't been there before. Nice lakefront park & marina.

It's a shallow lake, 20 feet or so at it's deepest, but it's about 30 miles by 10 miles so there's plenty of room to boat or waterski.

It might make a fun day trip when my wife and I are more open to restaurants or pubs post-COVID.

The roads were mostly free-flowing, sometimes 20 mph over posted, but unfortunately I was caught in returning vacation traffic as I neared Milwaukee on I43. I almost had to put my boots down on the interstate (I've only done that for interstate highways in Chicago and Minneapolis).

Registered
Cool pics. Keepem coming. I enjoy seeing other places that are off the beaten path of usual tourism

馃悏

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I means "Bottom of the lake" in French. I did a double take when I read the name of the thread, I was afraid you dropped the bike in a lake.
The French were the first Europeans to spend much time in this region. I wonder whether by "bottom" the intent was to mean the lower end of the lake on a map given the typical north at top, south at bottom orientation?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Cool pics. Keepem coming. I enjoy seeing other places that are off the beaten path of usual tourism

馃悏
thats some nice scenery.
It's so easy to forget about taking pics while riding at home because I can repeat the ride as much as I'd like.

There's many quite nice riding areas around here. Wisconsin has hills, sweepers, and forests. The forests and other greenery which lasts beyond mid-August are things I missed when I moved to North Dakota in the early 1990s. But I did take a few pics on my favorite routes in ND before we moved here last year.

Registered
The French were the first Europeans to spend much time in this region. I wonder whether by "bottom" the intent was to mean the lower end of the lake on a map given the typical north at top, south at bottom orientation?
I am not familiar with older French (French is not my mother language). But if I don't forget, I will ask a French colleague to see if it could mean anything else than the actual bottom.

Registered
You were so close to the most awesome road racing circuit in America!

Reactions: Baxter

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
You were so close to the most awesome road racing circuit in America!
My Ducati friend and I plan to watch some races there next season.

Registered
Great place to watch races. I go out every year for a track day, then the MotoAmerica bike races and the IMSA car races.
You can view from anywhere on the track. Such an awesome place.

Reactions: Baxter

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Great place to watch races. I go out every year for a track day, then the MotoAmerica bike races and the IMSA car races.
You can view from anywhere on the track. Such an awesome place.
It would be fun to ride there to watch a race. Now if my Ducati friend can just get his Duc running! He's extremely handy mechanically, but it hasn't ran in the six years I've known him. He thinks it's the injectors, and ordered new ones but hasn't installed them yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts