Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Kiwi just a heads up, the FLash tune bench kit is awesome, I will be picking myself up a kit real soon, no need to cut any wires and the result are much better than a PCV, simply plug it into your ECU and select the tune aka akra, yoshi, air filter, stock filter, stock decat, stock cat with custom air filter ect, and select region aka EU and simply flash. Mate Im thinking this is the road to go and save yourself a lot of money :) and you can retune when ever you like.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I was riding Buells, some members were selling custom ECU re-flsshes...get to work! My Ninja dash is mad at the change to3 tooth.

·
Registered
764 Posts
When I was riding Buells, some members were selling custom ECU re-flsshes...get to work! My Ninja dash is mad at the change to3 tooth.
it will arrive tomorrow, was supposed to arrive today but Australia post delivered to the wrong address, I was very very mad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can't flash unlimited ECU's anymore they limit the license to one ECU, with each additional license costing $100.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm patiently, or impatiently, awaiting your results. I've been considering changing my sprockets to gear more towards acceleration, but I don't want to upset the bike or cause my speedo to be even further off than it already is. (According to GPS, the higher the speed, the further off the speedo is.) So my thought was to also consider a flash kit so I can handle any issues that may arise on my dash.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm patiently, or impatiently, awaiting your results. I've been considering changing my sprockets to gear more towards acceleration, but I don't want to upset the bike or cause my speedo to be even further off than it already is. (According to GPS, the higher the speed, the further off the speedo is.) So my thought was to also consider a flash kit so I can handle any issues that may arise on my dash.
in that case a flash kit will do everything you want, You can adjust speedo, input sprocket size's, flash fuel maps, remove any restrictions. engine braking and much more, Ill do a review as soon as I receive it. I think it a definitely must have

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
You can't flash unlimited ECU's anymore they limit the license to one ECU, with each additional license costing $100.
Yes you need the BIN file to unlock your individual ECU.

I've been considering changing my sprockets to gear more towards acceleration, but I don't want to upset the bike or cause my speedo to be even further off than it already is. (According to GPS, the higher the speed, the further off the speedo is.)
The speedo error is exponential but it is not affected by sprocket changes as the data is taken from the speed sensor on the rear wheel ABS unit, not the transmission.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is that with FTECU? If so, when did this happen? I was just emailing back and forth with FTECU customer support and they didn't mention that being a thing. This was about 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: I misread that,

To my knowledge, a $100 (cheaper with 3 or 10 packs) license gives you unlimited flashes, provided its on the same ECU. Are you saying that you can no longer flash unlimited amounts of time on the same ECU, or that before, 1 license allowed you to flash unlimited amounts of ECU's?

·
Registered
50 Posts
One license lets you flash one ecu unlimited times.

Previously they didnt have licenses and you could flash many ecus

·
Registered
41 Posts
I velcro'd my smart phone that has the Ulysse speedometer app and it was about 4 mph less than the Ninja speedometer indication, but it was a little jumpy and the road condition was hard to stay consistant with the throttle.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just did the new ftc flash tune flash and my god its night and day, 1% throttle is pure and clean, the power all around is amazing, I compared it to a friends 400 and he was shocked, big upgrade, the timings look perfect, I adjusted them to run at 44 instead of 42 as it has a better kick on top, the fuelling is amazingly well done, the throttle is so clean and smooth but the bike itself just sounds so clean and stable. if anyone wants there ECU flashed send it my way, I have studied this crap for months and i can do it in my sleep now. im sooo happy :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
if anyone wants there ECU flashed send it my way, I have studied this crap for months and i can do it in my sleep now. im sooo happy :)
Wouldn't we need to purchase a Flash Tune license for our ECU in order for you to flash it? What's the price for a single ECU license?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Couldn't you just share the map here and any of us with a flash tune could load it?

Thanks..

·
Registered
144 Posts
FYI anyone looking into flash tune they also offer a quick shifter as well as I believe a data longer and wideband 02 tuning as add ons. Also keep in mind this is flashing your stock ECU, not a piggy back which I personally think is cleaner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
FYI anyone looking into flash tune they also offer a quick shifter as well as I believe a data longer and wideband 02 tuning as add ons. Also keep in mind this is flashing your stock ECU, not a piggy back which I personally think is cleaner.
On the EX400? Nope..
Datalogging? They don't do any data logging on any models they support.
Wideband? On a few models they have their ActiveTune which still isn't data logging; if you turn the key off before using the 'data' it's gone for good. And it is only AFR data for tuning purposes. FAR from actual data logging.
Quickshifter? Not on the EX400.

There is another company/product out there that does all of this and then some all through the OEM ECU - no piggy back. But since this thread is labeled "F**** T***" I'm not going to drop names to keep things on point.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts