Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new rider and have a bent shifter lever. Does anyone know where I can order just a OEM shifter lever? I can only find aftermarket rearsets online.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Any reason you cant just bend it back..? If not then hit up the site thewittes1 listed - I couldn't get one from my dealer asap, I think kawi should just have all the 400 parts on amazon so were not forced to buy from dealers that don't carrying the parts anyway.
Rocky mountain ATV is pretty quick. I've ordered quite a few things from them and never had any issues.

·
Registered
280 Posts
On lowering the rear stand I forgot to extend the kick stand. My buddy and I almost caught it but the Z kissed the ground. Touched the left bar end and bent the shifter lever. Wrapped a claw hammer and it bent back to the original position! I was a happy and learned to always check that the side stand is down.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
On lowering the rear stand I forgot to extend the kick stand. My buddy and I almost caught it but the Z kissed the ground. Touched the left bar end and bent the shifter lever. Wrapped a claw hammer and it bent back to the original position! I was a happy and learned to always check that the side stand is down.
Been there done that. It was my 02 R1 and I literally jumped under it and it fell on my legs! The bike never hit the ground, but I had a few nice bruises to show for it...LOL

Also, if you need a stock shift lever I have one...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Been there done that. It was my 02 R1 and I literally jumped under it and it fell on my legs! The bike never hit the ground, but I had a few nice bruises to show for it...LOL

Also, if you need a stock shift lever I have one...
Hey Boat, it was good riding with you and Ninjabird last month. You guys can really bend the horizon!! I'm smart enough to know my pecking order, perfectly happy watching you guys ahead.
Funny how it just takes one mistake to upgrade our work procedures. My bike is often on front and rear stands. I now thoroughly think about every action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts