Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

First to 180 KPH

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  xorbe 
#1 · (Edited)
I've just posted this for a bit of fun. Someone has matched up clips of the old four cylinder ZXR400 against the new (two cylinder) Ninja 400.
They both hit 100KPH at the four second mark but the extra 15 odd HP's of the ZXR kicks in after that despite the Ninja being slightly lighter.
If you pause the clip you will see the ZXR doesn't quite hit 180 on the clock either. Sneaky!

#3 ·
I cant even fathom having the courage to go that kind of speed on the freeway. It really wouldn't take much at that velocity to throw you off your balance. That being said, I'm pretty satisfied with the top speed potential of the 400...not that ill ever want to experience it aha.

#5 ·
Comfort at speed tends to go hand in hand with your level of experience. By modern motorcycle standards 180kPH (112 MPH) is not that fast. 180MPH definetly is!! That's 290kPH.
Speed is something you should work your way up to at a pace your comfortable with when your learning.
Unless there is strong side gusts blowing the new Ninja should be stable at close to top speed.
Generally bikes dont have limiters, esp smaller cc ones, although I believe the Honda CBR250RR in Indonesia and Japan is limited to 185kPH.

#9 ·
Well I don't really see the reason to ride a bike if you only plan on doing 110km/h, but I suppose every rider has different comfort zones. I'm glad to learn that stability shouldn't be an issue, even at the top end range; gives me something to slowly work towards. And at speeds on the high end, is there any difference in your field of view?

#11 ·
For me, I don't like to much exceed 116 kph / 72 mph (car or bike, 65 speed limit) wrt getting a speeding ticket. Unless everyone is going fast so I'm just in the middle of it all (not at the head or tail of the shinkansen). I mean, I do goose the throttle from time to time, but I bring the speed back down pretty fast after passing the car or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.