Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm a first time rider and picked up my '18 Ninja 400 last month.
So far I've done about 100 miles in the few times I've been out and I'm absolutely loving the bike ?

I'm currently in the process of breaking it in as I'm effectively the first owner, the actual first owner only put 26 miles on the bike ?
I've added some tank grips (Stompgrip), frame sliders, bar ends, and swingarm spools so far for the sake of protection and maintenance. I also changed out the factory oil and filter since it's been in there for so long.

I'm out in the Worcester County, Massachusetts area and I'm hoping to see some of you out there as the weather gets nicer!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome to the site. I live in Southern NH so I can understand how frustrating it has been the past few months with the weather not being conducive to riding. I wanted to go out today but there was still ice on the roads.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome!

I'm in MA but moved from the greater Boston area to the north shore near NH.

What up with the first owner just putting only a few miles before it was sold?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats a great color combo, enjoy! I am in PA, so it may not be as cold as you guys up there, but still not quite enjoyable riding weather down here either. I just picked up mine last week so I'm really itchin to get out on the roads.

If I may ask, where did you get the sliders from? I've been researching them to add as well.

Thanks and ride safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the site. I live in Southern NH so I can understand how frustrating it has been the past few months with the weather not being conducive to riding. I wanted to go out today but there was still ice on the roads.
Oh yeah the weather has not been particularly great for riding unfortunately.

I did take it out for my commute today though, pretty miserable at 30*F but it was definitely worth it for the 60*F ride on the way back ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome!

I'm in MA but moved from the greater Boston area to the north shore near NH.

What up with the first owner just putting only a few miles before it was sold?
I'm not entirely sure outside of the previous owner realized he needed a car and not a bike.
He traded it into a Hyundai dealership in North Attleboro and that's where I got it from, so that seems to more or less line up. I was just happy to get an effectively brand new bike for a nice price ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a great color combo, enjoy! I am in PA, so it may not be as cold as you guys up there, but still not quite enjoyable riding weather down here either. I just picked up mine last week so I'm really itchin to get out on the roads.

If I may ask, where did you get the sliders from? I've been researching them to add as well.

Thanks and ride safe!
Thank you!
I completely understand that itch, the weather was just nice enough for me to go out and ride this weekend so I did about 200 miles in the past few days ?

The sliders I have on there are made by TST Industries, what I liked about these ones is that the mounting bracket utilizes two engine bolts instead of the single one that most others do.
Here's a link to those sliders if you want to check them out: https://goo.gl/Usfd1n

Reactions: Mazman1111
1 - 9 of 9 Posts