Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
16 Posts
The shift star did make the shifts seem faster and more tight in all but that ** 5’th. It will still do that ** 5-4-5 thing a couple of times in a race.

But like I said, my son’s only has the shift detent spring and doesn’t f up nearly as much as mine. Go figure. :)
A fellow mechanic at MotoAmerica who's also an engineer said the same thing about the Detent Spring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good luck to you and your son. I am also in the process of building a race 400. I will follow your thread with great interest and be rooting you and your son on!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Almost have the bike ready to go for this weekend at NCBike for some practice before the CCS race there the following weekend. Just need to finish the body work and see if I can clear some of these engine codes. Installed block off plates and a woodcraft keyless harness today. Waiting for a keyless gas cap to come and a replacement frame slider. The clutch slipped like crazy today at first but I .loosened the cable and he said it went away completely. Chris wanted to at least ride it once and make sure it was good to go. He's still recovering from the broken wrist so hopefully it doesn't bother him too much by this weekend. This was the first time he's ridden in with the flashed ECU, Velocity Stacks, and Full Exhaust. He said it was a good boost in power maybe 10 percent from what it was, stock. He was definitely happy with that. 20210719_142118.jpg 20210719_164135.jpg
des. 20210719_164139.jpg
20210720_175020.jpg

21 - 29 of 29 Posts