Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys So today i filled my bike as usual but this time i had some gas go past that bottle neck in the tank like i had no gas drip down the bike or come up to high but it was just a little past that neck is this okay? can any damage occur? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys So today i filled my bike as usual but this time i had some gas go past that bottle neck in the tank like i had no gas drip down the bike or come up to high but it was just a little past that neck is this okay? can any damage occur? Thanks!
If anything, once the gas pressure in the tank builds up (heats up from being in direct sun for example), pressure will vent from the filling cap / may get some dripping from the tank vent tube. Happened to me. I just took it from a short ride to burn off some gas, called it a day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A lot of bikes have a vent-hose that spills the gas out if over-filled for pressure. My Honda Superhawk 996 would drool gasoline if filled then parked in the sun a bit through the vent-hose as-proper if topped to the fill-neck plate for expansion. If you overfill, just don't take it immediately home nearby and park it on your hardwood floors in your living room (ask me why I know this).

·
Registered
21 Posts
A lot of bikes have a vent-hose that spills the gas out if over-filled for pressure. My Honda Superhawk 996 would drool gasoline if filled then parked in the sun a bit through the vent-hose as-proper if topped to the fill-neck plate for expansion. If you overfill, just don't take it immediately home nearby and park it on your hardwood floors in your living room (ask me why I know this).
Pfft. no good story ever started with "I overfilled my gas tank but didn't immediately take it home and park it on hardwood floors in my living room"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts