Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 400 out this evening and notice around 2 miles into my ride it felt like the engine was surging while cruising. I did figure out it isn't the engine. I pulled in the clutch and through the pegs it felt like there was a lump on the tire, I stopped and checked the both tires, chain, wheels adjustment by eye, brakes, and rolled it by hand a bit but can't find anything wrong.
I notice the surging feeling while cruising, and I feel it through the footpegs while I have the clutch disengaged while coasting. I don't currently have a rear stand but I have one on the way. The bike did sit for 5 days in my garage waiting for my 70 hour work week to end though. Y'all think it could be flat spots on the stock tires from sitting in one position for the week?
Any other ideas or things to check would be appreciated.
Also don't know if it matters but during the week I installed swing arm spools but I don't see anything that they might interfere with.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You wont get flat spots on your bike when its sitting in same place for a week.
,some of my bikes have to sit over a few months in winter,.

having a rear stand will lift rear wheel off ground ,so what about the front?
try checking your tyres have not got a bulge in side wall,
I had that happen on tyre

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wont get flat spots on your bike when its sitting in same place for a week.
,some of my bikes have to sit over a few months in winter,.

having a rear stand will lift rear wheel off ground ,so what about the front?
try checking your tyres have not got a bulge in side wall,
I had that happen on tyre
Figured it wouldn't be flat spots, and no bulges in the sidewall or tread that I could find, I rolled the bike around a bunch and looked at all the tire so I could see/feel for bulges or foreign objects in the tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, got my rear stand tonight and built it and popped the bike in the air. Nothing out of the ordinary yet. The chain could probably use a good lube but that can wait until the weekend because of long work shifts no time to ride. I will update if I find anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts