Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just added the kawasaki tall windscreen in an attempt to eliminate a wind whistle she gets across her helmet while riding. It didn't occur on her previous bike, so we know it's from the new bike. We'll see if this worked on our ride tonight.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi thewittes1, has your wife had a chance to test out the new windscreen?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Anyone else have issues with the stock windscreen?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi EoraneBzh,

The new taller windscreen looks sharp. Is that OEM or aftermarket? The Kawasaki website does not appear to offer it in a darker tint.

Also if you do not mind, how tall are you? I'm 6 ft and have not rode it yet. I should have the bike delivered before the end of the week and want to see how bad the stock screen is before I change it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My wife just added the Kawasaki tall windscreen in an attempt to eliminate a wind whistle she gets across her helmet while riding. It didn't occur on her previous bike, so we know it's from the new bike. We'll see if this worked on our ride tonight.
The Australian Kawasaki website doesn't even show a tall windscreen option on the accessories tab unless it's hidden somewhere else in the site

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm about to do the same thing on the N650, it's a little wider and a little taller. That or a MadStad car windshield. ;-)

·
Registered
423 Posts
@aWanderlustSeoul : it’s the OEM ( I’m 5,7ft tall )

During the break-in phase the stock windscreen seems efficient.

@EoraneBzh Thanks! Based on the US Kawasaki site, the darker tint is not available and only the clear is available unless it's a option that I missed. Going to give the stock screen an try and hopefully there will be more aftermarket screen options in the future.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi EoraneBzh,

The new taller windscreen looks sharp. Is that OEM or aftermarket? The Kawasaki website does not appear to offer it in a darker tint.

Also if you do not mind, how tall are you? I'm 6 ft and have not rode it yet. I should have the bike delivered before the end of the week and want to see how bad the stock screen is before I change it.
I am 6ft tall as well, in my icon airflite i get alot of wind noise. Especially if i tilt my head to look in the mirrors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the late response everyone. My wife is 5' 7" (170.2 cm). It did help get rid of part of the new wind noise brought about by the new bike, but not all of it. I guess she'll have to live with it for now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looking forward to Hot-Bodies or Lockhart Phillips to release a DB (double-bubble) windscreen for the bike. I've always put them on mine and they make a world of difference. Not made yet it seems. Too new!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts