Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the factory battery dimensions handy?
Looking at getting a lithium battery and don't have my bike near me to measure it up

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
150mm wide x 85mm deep x 105mm high.

If you buy a Shorai they include a selection of self adhesive rubber pads of various thickness to fill in the empty spaces in your battery box. Works well.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Cheers guys. I've been looking at the shorai ones this one in particular it might be a tad overkill just wondering if if able to get it through the post without any hassle being lithium
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz/shorai-lfx12a1-bs12-155cca-high-perform
Yep, the LFX-12 is the one you want.
I got mine here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shorai-...251477&hash=item48ab2ea455:g:2iMAAOSwOhda0Aiu
Save yourself $50. No shipping hassles. Was here in about 10 days.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Has anyone got the factory battery dimensions handy?
Looking at getting a lithium battery and don't have my bike near me to measure it up
Yeah, the stock battery model is the TX9-BS series. Get a reputable lithium battery that has at least a 3 year warranty.

And don't forget to buy a lithium specific battery charger. These lithium batteries require specialized charging cycles to maximize their life span, and only a lithium specific charger can do that. Optimate chargers are what I use.

Yeah, you could get away with using a regular battery charger for these lithium batteries, I know it worked for me. But will it really extend the life of that expensive battery? Probably not, so if you want to get the most value out of it, get that lithium charger as well.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Yeah, the stock battery model is the TX9-BS series. Get a reputable lithium battery that has at least a 3 year warranty.

And don't forget to buy a lithium specific battery charger. These lithium batteries require specialized charging cycles to maximize their life span, and only a lithium specific charger can do that. Optimate chargers are what I use.

Yeah, you could get away with using a regular battery charger for these lithium batteries, I know it worked for me. But will it really extend the life of that expensive battery? Probably not, so if you want to get the most value out of it, get that lithium charger as well.
I use the bikes charging system to charge my Lithiums. But it's only happened twice when I've left the key on with the headlights on (on my CBR). They dont seem to suffer from winter drain the same as lead acids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts